xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Xecuter CK3 Probe v2 – The First No Solder Liteon Solution  (Read 505 times)

jeffrey92

• Archived User
Xecuter CK3 Probe v2 – The First No Solder Liteon Solution
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(ADAWG69 @ Feb 3 2010, 12:04 PM) *

I have heard of people repairing traces with conductive ink (I think that's what its called.) Basically the same stuff you would use to repair the things on your rear windshield that help melt snow. The stuff comes in a container similar to a pen and you use it just like a pen on the trace you need repaired.

Yeah I've seen that stuff before. you paste it on and leave it to dry

if this is really no solder no cutting then awesome... but it seems unlikely.

niai

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »

thats what i was going to say you can cut the trace and use conductive glue to re join

as the wording seems to be weirdly written and avoiding the topic of cutting then i would think you still need to cut the trace

rulevoid

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »

Yea you don't HAVE TO solder, you can just hack the traces using your weapon of choice (Dremel in my case) then you could use this tool then just patch the traces using that conductive paste crap that hardens.  

But I still think it is honestly easier to just cut traces, expose trases (using my dremel too  rolleyes.gif ) then solder the switch method up. Then remove wires and use wire to patch traces.  It honestly only takes like 2 minutes longer...if that.  Plus you dont have to fiddle around with holding something in your hand while clicking shit on your computer.

Edit:  There is no way to pull the firmware with just these two points.  You WILL have to cut traces.  You're an idiot if you think you don't have to.

clouduz

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »

yea we can only wish that it is TRULY NO SOLDER...b/c if it is i'll be buying it asap

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »

I highly doubt that this is a solder-less solution...

Trace cutting is still necessary guaranteed, and conductive ink pens are SO half-assed.

JT415Gz

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Slrpgeit @ Feb 3 2010, 11:21 AM) *

Did you even read the article before hammering the new post button?

Congratulations on proving to yourself and everyone else that you are a first-class hypocritical IDIOT hahah.

Do yourself a favor and READ and think about that quote for a minute.

Still retaining the original CK3 Probe function of dumping the 74850 key, but now also enabling full firmware access of the new 83850V2 and 93450 drives

^^ they only mention of Dumping The Key of the 7 series (not dumping full firmware which holds calibration data), BUT they do mention of that task with the 8xxx and 9xxx series drives.

Now why don't you re-read the OP (original post) while I break your keyboard for you haha.

rommy667

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »

Cant wait to get only loved the 7x probe it never let me down,and yes you will have to "cut" but so what? you dont have to use solder to fix it up so it is as it says SOLDER LESS smile.gif

halikus

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »

If Frosty says you have to cut traces, i'll believe that.  If you look at what you are doing when modding these drives then it seems obvious to me that the 2 points on the probe couldn't possibly get the keys without the trace cut, compared to the old method.  I thought using the windshield paste was a great old school idea and thought it would be rather pro, than half assed though.  I suck at soldering and the cutting traces part has made me an unconfident modder lately.  I've managed to avoid these drives, but my time is almost up.

stevebull

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »

I cannot belive people are still moaning about cutting the bloody traces on the pcb, get a craft knife hold it between your fingers and cut through the trace... If mommy will let you use sharp objects.
Get some conductive paint off ebay and rejoin, not rocket science guys.
Take the corks off your forks and have a practice on an old piece of board..

LtDan313

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »

Posted by Ubergeek over at Team-Xecuter

"No soldering is required with this product. No rebuild pcb and no soldering - that is made very clear. If it needed a wire soldering it would say so. It also has original Probe function for the Liteon 74850 - it is not the same as the Vampire mod from Maximus - althought that is a catchy name I like it

By soldering in a rebuild PCB you may as well just fit the LT Switch - it works perfect and is cheap. The CK3 Probe v2 is for those that do not want to do ANY soldering at all. NONE."

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Feb 3 2010, 03:35 PM) View Post

I highly doubt that this is a solder-less solution...

Trace cutting is still necessary guaranteed, and conductive ink pens are SO half-assed.

thats my take as well, unless there is some alternate dumping method that i'm unaware of

skabbfan

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(LtDan313 @ Feb 3 2010, 10:47 PM) *

Posted by Ubergeek over at Team-Xecuter

"No soldering is required with this product. No rebuild pcb and no soldering - that is made very clear. If it needed a wire soldering it would say so. It also has original Probe function for the Liteon 74850 - it is not the same as the Vampire mod from Maximus - althought that is a catchy name I like it

By soldering in a rebuild PCB you may as well just fit the LT Switch - it works perfect and is cheap. The CK3 Probe v2 is for those that do not want to do ANY soldering at all. NONE."

And by teajunkie
QUOTE(teajunkie @ Today)

QUOTE(flashing360 @ Today)

so would conductive glue do the job?

Conductive glue would work yes providing you clean the tracks first.
Not that you'll need to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

pigbait

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

Remember boys and girls team X is now part of c4e and TJ money making drama so, maybe this is a real no solder needed way of dumping the new lite-on.... Look at the comment team x said... we will help keep the firmware free. And how do you do that you ask. Make a tool, sell it, and split the profits, think about it for a minute.... If c4e stoped makeing CFW then teamX would lose market cuz no more firmware to mod. So now there a team. C4e makes "free" firmware abd team x make another product needed to flash drives...

This post has been edited by pigbait: Feb 3 2010, 11:36 PM

Anth

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(pigbait @ Feb 3 2010, 10:28 PM) View Post

Remember boys and girls team X is now part of c4e and TJ money making drama so, maybe this is a real no solder needed way of dumping the new lite-on.... Look at the comment team x said... we will help keep the firmware free. And how do you do that you ask. Make a tool, sell it, and split the profits, think about it for a minute.... If c4e stoped makeing CFW then teamX would lose market cuz no more firmware to mod. So now there a team. C4e makes "free" firmware abd team x make another product needed to flash drives...

Nice thought on it.

Is anyone able to ask Xecuter direct to clarify the whole situation.

As I would presume they more than anyone would not want people to buy this under false beliefs of what it can do.

pigbait

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »

I'll still get one cuz I have a ck3 pro and this will make it that much better
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5