xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: First Xecuter 360 RROD Kit Photo  (Read 1591 times)

ghettoc401

• Archived User
First Xecuter 360 RROD Kit Photo
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »

I said it once and I'll say it again. This is a little to unreal to be a real fix. Seems like the perfect April Fools joke to me. I mean seriously. The picture doesnt look natural, like someone pointed out, it looks photoshopped and both the screwdrives have the same sku!

Also, depsite the fact that they said that "They are Xecuter, they can get a mass number of RROD consoles to test our product out on", i still doubt that they tested many consoles, at least enough to give us real stats. It probably doesnt fix some error codes.

No matter what it is (if it doesnt turn out to be an April Fools Joke) then I will buy it because it's a product from Xecuter and there is nothing else that can be done with my xbox. Hopefully it works, but if it doesnt, I wont be surprised  sleep.gif

guusama

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 12:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(ghettoc401 @ Mar 30 2008, 10:57 PM) *

I said it once and I'll say it again. This is a little to unreal to be a real fix. Seems like the perfect April Fools joke to me. I mean seriously. The picture doesnt look natural, like someone pointed out, it looks photoshopped and both the screwdrives have the same sku!

Also, depsite the fact that they said that "They are Xecuter, they can get a mass number of RROD consoles to test our product out on", i still doubt that they tested many consoles, at least enough to give us real stats. It probably doesnt fix some error codes.

No matter what it is (if it doesnt turn out to be an April Fools Joke) then I will buy it because it's a product from Xecuter and there is nothing else that can be done with my xbox. Hopefully it works, but if it doesnt, I wont be surprised  sleep.gif

I look forward to giving it a shot, if its nothing I guess I'll go back to my original x-clamp fix plans  dry.gif

-PK-

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2008, 03:04:00 AM »

It's probably a note saying go buy a new xbox 360.  But in all reality I hope it's not an April fools joke because I have two rrod consoles sitting right here waiting to be repaired.  I'm not going to buy a product that I don't know what's in it, especially when I have multiple x-clamp replacement threads to review, modify, and tinker with.  And I already plan on buying a bunch of ramsinks so hope it's not that either.  sad.gif

QUOTE(Leyart @ Mar 29 2008, 06:13 PM) *

Simply a couple of screwdrivers and 10-20 screws, thermal paste and compound remover, like artic silver.
They have not discovered anything, they simply have put on the market a product made from user discoveries.
Cheers.

It has to be more than just thermal compound replacement because that doesn't work well with already rrod'd consoles, just prevents them.

nightwulf28

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »

I can almost bet that this is a varient of the eraser mod except using heatsinks instead of rubber.  That method actually works well btw, my buddy has fixed his RROD with this method and his 360 has been running strong for hours on end for over 9 months.  Not long now and we will all know. biggrin.gif

Comsat70

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(psilo357 @ Mar 28 2008, 05:10 PM) View Post

For less then 10 bucks it is definitely worth it for me to buy it and not go out and get the parts and make the kit myself.  It would take me at least 30 minutes to go to the hardware store, find the parts, check them out, and bring them home.

Damn straight.

hotwheel6661

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

Can anyone tell me which reseller ships to the states that has the repair kit in stock ill buy it and try to fix my rrod xbox and ill give feedback...doesnt seem harmless to me to try a product from Team Xecuter i have products from them before and they have worked flawlessly.....

burnandkill

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

I just checked Divineo.net this morning hoping to find some...none yet. I think I'm gonna let somebody else buy it first so I know what it is. Then I'll take a quick run to the hardware store and buy the parts myself. I'd buy it for 10 bucks if it was right here in front of me, but this Xbox has been sitting here for a month with no action - I can't wait another 3 days for shipping!

chinozzz

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(hecz @ Mar 29 2008, 01:08 PM) View Post

Product Description

This is the RROD (Red Ring Of Death) repair kit that was manufactured by the legendary Team Xecuter.

The kit comprises of specially formulated heatsinks which solve most issues that cause the RROD. Of course it cannot be guaranteed that this will work for your console as there are other reasons for the RROD - however this fix has cured almost every one we have come across. It's so cheap that it's crazy not to give it a try smile.gif

It is very easy to install and the kit is complete with the T10 and T8 screwdrivers.

http://www.shopneo.c...1-pr-16943.html

Why do you keep posting about it as if you care? You just keep posting with a link to your site so we can all buy it from you....

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(nightwulf28 @ Mar 31 2008, 04:22 PM) View Post

I can almost bet that this is a varient of the eraser mod except using heatsinks instead of rubber.

You know what, I bet you're right! I never made the connection:

-Tons of posts in the eraser mod thread talking about how well/often it works
-Ideas about using heatsinks instead, finding the right size, materials, etc
-xecuter saying you can "probably make this yourself" and "All I've done is made it to an exact spec"
-The fact that it took "more like 10 minutes" to develop
-Isn't thermal paste, x-clamps or screws

The more you think about it, the more right that sounds.

If nothing else that is an excellent guess.

digitalhigh

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »

Wow...I only read through the first page of posts, but I can already see why this is going to sell wildly:

Half of you people have no fuxing idea what you're talking about.  "Two lights just means it overheated.",  "Why not just have MS fix it?",  "How many people installed new FANS and got a RROD?", "Mmmm...I ate a big red candle."

I've honestly never heard so many people try to sound so authorative with as little information to go off of.

Yippie!  A different heatsink.  Good idea?  You bet.  Necessicary?  I highly doubt it.  

Look...your RROD basically comes in two flavours - Fuxed CPU/GPU, or something totally unrelated.  The first one is fixable, the second...not so much.  I did the heatgun/thermal paste/xclamp/12v Fan mods to fix my box, and it works perfectly, (okay, so the fan's a bit louder, but I'm gonna be getting a Talismoon fan soon) and has for over five months now.

Point is...it makes me sad that so many people are so ill-informed.  This is a neat idea, but I fear that stupid people are going to be buying it for the wrong reasons, or botching their boxes even worse with this  

Personally, I think that if you can't comprehend why your xbox is breaking...you have absolutely no business trying to open the thing up and fix it.  

Period.

soopahfly

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

The bag's probably to throw you off the scent.
I'm guessing its just the replacement x-clamp, with some memory heatsinks and a shim.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(digitalhigh @ Apr 1 2008, 03:31 PM) View Post

Look...your RROD basically comes in two flavours - Fuxed CPU/GPU, or something totally unrelated.  The first one is fixable, the second...not so much.  I did the heatgun/thermal paste/xclamp/12v Fan mods to fix my box, and it works perfectly, (okay, so the fan's a bit louder, but I'm gonna be getting a Talismoon fan soon) and has for over five months now.

Point is...it makes me sad that so many people are so ill-informed.  This is a neat idea, but I fear that stupid people are going to be buying it for the wrong reasons, or botching their boxes even worse with this  

Personally, I think that if you can't comprehend why your xbox is breaking...you have absolutely no business trying to open the thing up and fix it.

Period.

I agree completely with you. So why did you heatgun your 360??
 Seems to me you described yourself in the post perfectly.
You are just another example of "an ill informed person" applying all sorts of bodges to fashion some sort of working box, so please don't come on here pretending you know the ins and outs and what is required and then tell us you heated the board with a flame thrower and squeezed up a BGA component to cure an issue that needs a re-ball.
Now I am not against people trying to get their box working if they have no warranty on it but you just pulled half them to pieces and then admitted you do exactly the same thing

99z24cavi

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

So wheres the best place to purchase this? My xbox just gave me the 3 red lights today and want to try this out.

***EDIT***

I guess the retailers haven't received them yet.

fuckdead

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »

omg why is taking so long????!!!! I want that kit in divineo store right now...
Please xecuter hurry up!!!

BST_FRE4k

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

well its April fools, so that scratches the idea of it being a joke.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12