xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: First Xecuter 360 RROD Kit Photo  (Read 1599 times)

hecz

• Archived User
First Xecuter 360 RROD Kit Photo
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »

Product Description

This is the RROD (Red Ring Of Death) repair kit that was manufactured by the legendary Team Xecuter.

The kit comprises of specially formulated heatsinks which solve most issues that cause the RROD. Of course it cannot be guaranteed that this will work for your console as there are other reasons for the RROD - however this fix has cured almost every one we have come across. It's so cheap that it's crazy not to give it a try smile.gif

It is very easy to install and the kit is complete with the T10 and T8 screwdrivers.

http://www.shopneo.c...1-pr-16943.html

FPS Basil

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 07:22:00 AM »

I dont underdstand all the people bashing this, as long it works i dont see the problem. If i doesnt which i doubt I can understand that poeple will be angry.

The secrecy just shows that it is easy to duplicate - make it your self.

racingclub

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

only a few days till April 1st........

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

the pic alone is enough to make me laugh... white background, the screwdrivers placed in a nice X shape, the neatly folded bag of what i assume are the bolts and washers.  then theres the thin white box that says 360 rrod fix.

so like others have said, why be so discreet? they have an excellent history and record, and normally, they would be proud to show off a new product. why keep us in the dark?

is it because without the need for 360 modchips, their days are slowing?  are they getting desperate?

another point... i think its shitty that the retailers that are going to sell this product would even allow this type of thing. i know its a little early to tell right now, but if i were one of these stores, i wouldnt wanna sell anything unless my customers know exactly what they were getting.  

at first, i thought "maybe theyre just fking with us and its something great!"  
but lets face it, for $10, it cant be any kind of miracle.

or..maybe its a fked up April fools day joke!

Leyart

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

Simply a couple of screwdrivers and 10-20 screws, thermal paste and compound remover, like artic silver.
They have not discovered anything, they simply have put on the market a product made from user discoveries.
Cheers.

Kurt Cobain

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(slimgrip @ Mar 29 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Apparently Xecuter is shipping 25 units to Xantium to give to posters in this thread who posted before his response to this thread.
Unless its a sly ruse to get us to fill admins PM box with begging letters dry.gif

So admins, any announcements if your giving these free kits out?

Hardmodder17

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »

I'm interested in seeing if it works.  I've had a RRoD here that still wouldn't work after x-clamp replacement, arctic silver, and aftermarket fans.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »

everyone pretty much knows this is just a torx and screws washers..
but do you know how  many people live WAY the hell out in the middle of Tim-Buk-to! and cant get to a hardware store! It would be cheaper to them to purchase this than to run 45 miles to town to try and find the torx.. which is pretty hard to find in smaller towns...for this size...and other things...

Good Job!

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hardmodder17 @ Mar 29 2008, 03:04 PM) View Post

I'm interested in seeing if it works.  I've had a RRoD here that still wouldn't work after x-clamp replacement, arctic silver, and aftermarket fans.

yeah, i've got a similar situation, and was thinking the same thing. i guess once the veil of secrecy is gone and i can see what the kit actually is, and i see a price, i'll make a decision on if i want to give a try. (a few reviews wouldn't hurt either, i'm anxious to see what the early adopters say)

darkovo

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »

I'm interested to hear if this will fix a 360 with no Video display, so GPU fix!  Or will this be a different thing altogether?

I do have one giving me RROD as well though.

VanydotK

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »

It's probably just some shims..

KingViper

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »

Yea, I've got a RROD that barely wants to hang on. I have to do the heatgun fix on it about every month otherwise it stops working again. I've done the X-Clamp fix already. I'm thinking over time heat is making stop working, so hopefully this kit works. I'd buy it for as cheap as it is...as long as shipping doesn't kill the deal.

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(KingViper @ Mar 30 2008, 06:32 PM) *

Yea, I've got a RROD that barely wants to hang on. I have to do the heatgun fix on it about every month otherwise it stops working again. I've done the X-Clamp fix already. I'm thinking over time heat is making stop working, so hopefully this kit works. I'd buy it for as cheap as it is...as long as shipping doesn't kill the deal.

Well then stay away from Divineo.. they're shipping is high as giraffe nuts..

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »

I will laugh if this thing turns out to be the first modchip for the 360.  And thats the reason that xecuter didnt divulge any more details.  They are just waiting for people to buy it and find out, then once word gets out that this is a real modchip for the 360 xecuter jacks up the price to like 100 bucks.  laugh.gif

Highly doubtful though.

omb

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

This is so hopeless, obviously this Xecuter fix that is so basic and easy to buy locally at a cheap price they have to hide it from the general public hoping to suck in as many preorders as possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12