xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: First Xecuter 360 RROD Kit Photo  (Read 1572 times)

nightwulf28

• Archived User
First Xecuter 360 RROD Kit Photo
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Mar 28 2008, 01:52 PM) View Post

The RRoD is cause by heat related problems, but that's not to say that RRoD = overheating. In fact, 2 red lights (top & bottom left; flashing) means the system has overheated. RRoD refers to 3 lights flashing. There's also the bad solder connections that need to be reflown when you're doing a RRoD repair.

These problems *can* be blamed on heat, however. The more heat you have output, the more likely the board and those flimsy x-clamps are to flex, causing connections to break.
 I can't recall Xecuter ever being so secretive about anything. If they show everything to be stuff I can buy locally, what's the difference if I know that now or when they launch? I'll still just go buy the parts if I want to. Them being so suspiciously secretive just further convinces me that their product would be a waste of my money, since it'll all boil down to "just get these parts".

I'll put it this way, I'm not the guy that buys a $60 HDMI cable from Circuit City. Instead, I go on the internet and get it for about $5 (same quality).

I am totally with you there and I understand your point.  I do agree that they are coming across slightly secretive so once the product starts rolling off the shelf we will see what it really consists of.

shocwave

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

It's most likely memory heatsinks the size of a few pennies stacked on top of each other smile.gif

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

nice, a pair of screwdrivers, and a little holy bible inside the bag... sleep.gif

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(metalcoat @ Mar 28 2008, 11:34 AM) View Post

Still doesn't say how it works.

agreed, now we have a picture...it will still be awhile before we see tutorial installs and user experience of the success of the product, until then we can just speculate some more...

any way you look at it, this still could be an effective and cheap solution to those who have the RROD and no warranty (for whatever reason)...time will tell

Kurt Cobain

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »

'Made in China'.

Teraric

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »

Isn't it clear why they are not showing the product?

They aren't making money like they used to with the Xbox1, since the XBOX 360 does not have any hardware mod chips as of yet. The only product they have for the 360 is the Blaster, which is a DVD drive connection kit. They can not possibly be making the same money now that they did with their Mod Chips.

So now, they had a "10 minute idea" and they said to eachother, "this is really simple, lets make it into a kit. But, since it is so basic, if we publish details or show pictures of the kit, it would be cloned and a how-to guide would be posted on Xbox-Scene within a week."

Basically they are expecting to make a decent amount of money from the initial sales, keeping it hidden so that people dont realize they can do the same thing with a hunk of metal, two pennies and some tooth paste.  biggrin.gif okay.. maybe I am bending the truth alittle. But, once people realize they can do it themselves, they not buy from Xecuter.

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »

they should of just released the info like everyone else has done. i mean the guy that found the towl fix didnt go about selling towls with 360 3rod fix printed on them or bits of rubber with the same

better stop xecuter might steal my ideas lol

psilo357

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

It is perfectly logical what they are doing, they are waiting to get their product out for the first round of sales at a higher price.  After they are released other companies will make copies of the kit for a cheaper price.  So they will earn premium on the first round of sales only, price will quickly drop.  This is a business, not a charity.

For less then 10 bucks it is definitely worth it for me to buy it and not go out and get the parts and make the kit myself.  It would take me at least 30 minutes to go to the hardware store, find the parts, check them out, and bring them home.  My 30 minutes is worth much more than 10 dollars...I am already on the computer at work, might as well order it, have it delivered, and not waste my time finding thin copper sheets, small heatsinks, or whatever it is.  I'm also the guy that buys my parts for the cheapest possible, as a combination of time and money.  Hence why I buy my HDMI cables online like another poster said, and will probably buy this kit.

And anybody that gets pissed off because this doesn't fix their problem, is an idiot, plain and simple.  Xecuter themselves said it will not fix all consoles with the RRoD problem.  They also said it fixed MOST of they xboxes they tried it on, not all.

peace

ausmods

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »

It almost looks like that bag bas a circuit board in it...

I dont know why they wont just show pics of the acutal product... Im guessing it might be so easy to make that theyre afraid people will just go out and make the fix themselves before they even sell any  ph34r.gif

bonevichio

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »

If you look at the picture on their site it's a little clearer:
http://www.team-xecu...ead.php?t=47472

click on the thumbnail for a bigger version

Why would you need two of the exact same screwdrivers?  The UPC # is on both of them is exactly the same.

Kinda looks really phishy.

This looks purely photoshopped - I think inside the bag is a little plaque that says "You Got Ripped Off"

sinner0423

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »

Team Xecuter has posted a response to xbox-scene about this post.

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showpos...amp;postcount=2

No matter what it is, people will buy it.  $10 is a lot cheaper than sending it to someone to do some real leg work, if your warranty is voided.

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »

That´s not the way....but, well...is what we get... blink.gif

SniperZoz

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 02:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(sinner0423 @ Mar 29 2008, 02:58 AM) View Post

http://www.team-xecu...amp;postcount=2

No matter what it is, people will buy it.  $10 is a lot cheaper than sending it to someone to do some real leg work, if your warranty is voided.

Price is not the issue - i simply think they're just "having fun" letting ppl imagine what's in the bag ...

If they're not releasing the images so that ppl purchase blindly - then they make it look like they don't have a lot of trust in the product! If they simply show what they're talking about properly, and tell their customers to trust them due to their track record and all I believe it would make a better impact. But yeah - it's cheap so "desperate" ppl will simply order it!

g8crapachino

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 02:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(psilo357 @ Mar 28 2008, 10:10 PM) View Post

They also said it fixed MOST of they xboxes they tried it on, not all.

peace

Which translates to whatever you want it to be.  For all we know they only tried it on 3 Xboxes and got only 2 to work.   Xecuter is using a creative marketing spin to sell as much as they can while they can.   They are playing off of everyone's doubt...Will it work?  Will it not work?  It's only $10.     The real idiots are anyone who doesn't realize that.

Personally I doubt this would be any more effective then the towel trick.

slimgrip

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 03:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xecuter)
Enjoy your weekends - and thank you to the ppl in that X-S thread. No  bitches or flames or crap - much genuine interest and curiosity - a  wonderful change. Please contact Xantium with your details and I will  make sure he is sent a free kit for everyone of you that contributed to  the discussion before the time my own post here was made.

Unless its a sly ruse to get us to fill admins PM box with begging letters dry.gif

QUOTE(sinner0423 @ Mar 29 2008, 01:58 AM) View Post

http://www.team-xecu...amp;postcount=2

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12