xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Xecuter 360 RROD Repair Kit Ready and Shipping  (Read 1085 times)

xCAUSALITYx

• Archived User
Xecuter 360 RROD Repair Kit Ready and Shipping
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

Hi,

Just to add my 2 pennies worth...lol, no pun intended - There are only 2 ways of getting past the RRoD issues:

1. Buy another 360 - (My personal choice)
2. Reflow the the mainboard on both sides using a professional SMT reflow machine - (If you want to through good money after bad)

Everyone that has got past the RRoD issues so far has been extremely lucky thats all.

End Of

This kit will be nothing but a waste of money, all it will end up doing is pi**ing off forum members.

Save your money and put it towards a new 360.

Cheers...!

SniperZoz

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(xCAUSALITYx @ Mar 24 2008, 05:44 PM) *

Save your money and put it towards a new 360.

That's what both me and my friend did ... he got his new falcon x360 6 weeks ago .... i got mine last week ... his RRODed last weekend ... and mine is giving me graphical glitches no RROD (but soon!) ... so even that is not a good solution is it!?

The final solution (one hopes) is to wait this q4 2008 for the Jasper which should have 65nm gpu! That should fix it ... till then xclamp replacments and other fads like that will have to do !!!

xCAUSALITYx

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(SniperZoz @ Mar 24 2008, 07:05 PM) *

That's what both me and my friend did ... he got his new falcon x360 6 weeks ago .... i got mine last week ... his RRODed last weekend ... and mine is giving me graphical glitches no RROD (but soon!) ... so even that is not a good solution is it!?

The final solution (one hopes) is to wait this q4 2008 for the Jasper which should have 65nm gpu! That should fix it ... till then xclamp replacments and other fads like that will have to do !!!

You are right in some respects, however if you have bought a new one at least you get an exchange straight away - Hence you will not have to take the console apart and do any sort of x-clamp repair.

So yes buying a new console is your best solution, the lesson is not to take it apart to repair it - Just use the returns process that comes with faulty items that are bought from a retailer or if its outside of the 30 days contact MS to return it.....simple...!

This post has been edited by xCAUSALITYx: Mar 24 2008, 10:14 PM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

This kit is assumed for repair "professionals" who would already have tools in hand

Try get this but Repair professionals don't repair faulty BGA stuff, with incorrect soldering and incorrect motherboard design causing warpage, by fitting kits of clamps, washers and bolts and a spreading of AS.
A professional will reball the components required and rework it with the correct BGA reflow equipment.
Only then do you start to address the motherboard issue.
If both are not addressed the fix is not a professional repair. It's a put me on. Even the boards MS are (allegedly) reworking are failing.
They already said its not a nut and bolt solution, so please read the original post before you post. No one knows what it is, and considering the success with the nut and bolt solution, everyone is curious as to what they could offer that is so different, hence the curosity. Time will tell.....

It will be another such bodge, going by any other name. They sure as hell are not re-balling anything in this kit.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Mar 25 2008, 12:00 AM

SniperZoz

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

I agree - nut & bolts are not a professional way to fix electroics!

xCAUSALITYx: yes i'm in "luck" as the online retailer i got it from will replace it for me - i've actually just finished repacking the thing now & tomorrow it's off to the post office! My friend is a bit unlucky as it's been 6 weeks (so retailer won't take it back!) and Xbox support say they won't accept it as we live in Malta, and they'll only pick it up from the locations listed on xbox.com. As of now my friend is fighting an email battle with them to convice them ... but their response has been "don't you have a friend in uk?" ... they expect him to ship it to UK to a "friend" at his own cost ... they'll pick it up & deliver it back there ... then (again at own cost) get it back to Malta ... hardly practical is it??

So - for some ppl if these nut/bolts/heatsinks solutions can prolong the life of the console for 6 or so months it could be worthwile! It's not like a bga reflow machine is that easy to find (for us at least!)

!!!

Fazered

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 05:38:00 AM »

Well I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. We'll know by then.

Again so what if it's a bodge? I have a £270 paper weight right now. If after a bodge I get an Xbox360 even if it's only in the short term then I'm on a winner. £5 is WELL worth it. Even if I only get a few days play.

SniperZoz

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fazered @ Mar 25 2008, 12:38 PM) View Post

Again so what if it's a bodge? I have a £270 paper weight right now. If after a bodge I get an Xbox360 even if it's only in the short term then I'm on a winner. £5 is WELL worth it. Even if I only get a few days play.

could you post pics of what you get? ... or are there pics available somewhere??

Gerjan

• Archived User

SniperZoz

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gerjan @ Mar 26 2008, 12:48 AM) View Post

no product images there !!

fuckdead

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fazered @ Mar 25 2008, 11:38 AM) View Post

Note: We expect stock before April 7th. All orders will be on a first come first served basis so make sure you secure your spot as these will sell out FAST. If you ordered other items as well as this product they will be shipped to you seperatley so as not to delay your products. No refunds will be given for customers who cancel due to none delivery as this item is setup as pre-order so please pay attention to this note - thanks.

So my question, Fazered, is :
Do you already received the repair Kit ? If not, please tell us when you receive....

SniperZoz

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »

From the official site:

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47472

The image is silly thou! The contents are not shown?? C'mon what's in it??

This post has been edited by SniperZoz: Mar 27 2008, 04:41 PM

Gerjan

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »

looks like some small circuit board?? Or something with solder joints? Damn tell us team-x tongue.gif

wasay-u

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »

"The kit comprises of specially formulated heatsinks which solve most issues that cause the RROD."
So is it just a new heat sink designed to fit in the 360 i am confused??

SniperZoz

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(wasay-u @ Mar 27 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

"The kit comprises of specially formulated heatsinks which solve most issues that cause the RROD."
So is it just a new heat sink designed to fit in the 360 i am confused??

i know there are heatsinks involved ... but it's too vague! is it a replacement hs for the gpu ... is it a set of hses for ana/hana, ram ... ??

cnc9637

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(SniperZoz @ Mar 27 2008, 01:00 PM) View Post

i know there are heatsinks involved ... but it's too vague! is it a replacement hs for the gpu ... is it a set of hses for ana/hana, ram ... ??

It appears to be far too small to be a GPU heatsink.  It looks more like a circuit board, but of course they kept in a bag...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6