xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Xecuter 360 RROD Repair Kit Ready and Shipping  (Read 1081 times)

GeToChKn

• Archived User
Xecuter 360 RROD Repair Kit Ready and Shipping
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 12:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxstone @ Mar 18 2008, 06:14 AM) View Post

Would have to say people aren't "Bitching". They are just saying you can find the  Parts you need at any local hardware store. At a much lower price I might add. The Xbox-Scene Forum has  multiple posts on success stories from using basic washers and screws you can find just about anywhere. As of this post ->925 Consoles, Fixed and confirmed working.  See here : The "official" X-clamp Replacement Thread

As someone who was able to fix a RROD 360 with the help of the posts in this forum, & watching  few helpful videos you can find on-line.  I find it shameful that a once respected company like Xecuter is selling a small bag of screws & washers for $10.

This is the Tutorial I used to fix mine. Found everything I needed at a local Hardware store. If you live near a Lowe's or Home Depot the exact Part numbers are listed in the repair forums.

They already said its not a nut and bolt solution, so please read the original post before you post.  No one knows what it is, and considering the success with the nut and bolt solution, everyone is curious as to what they could offer that is so different, hence the curosity.  Time will tell.....

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 04:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(irnchriz @ Mar 18 2008, 01:47 AM) View Post

Considering the fact that the 360 has not been out for 3 years yet all of them are still covered by microsofts warranty if they get a RRoD system failure, what exactly, is the point of this kit?  Surely the only people who would require this are those who modified the 360 to play 'copies' of games???

Way to tar everyone with the same brush!

How about those who:

replaced their case with a different colour?
replaced the stock fan with a Talismoon Whisper Fan?
added a 3rd party CPU fan?
did a 12v fan modification?

I really could continue - there are loads of things done to the 360 which wouldn't incur the wrath of the legal eagles.

MrFish

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 18 2008, 11:48 AM) *

there are loads of things done to the 360 which wouldn't incur the wrath of the legal eagles:

replaced the stock fan with a Talismoon Whisper Fan?
added a 3rd party CPU fan?
did a 12v fan modification?

From the fan mod threads, it seems you're breaking LIVE's TOS if you go online with a 360 with a fan mod.

adgloride

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

The best thing about the kit is that you get the T10 and T8 screwdrivers.  I bet the people that are selling the screw, washers on ebay are bricking it.  As they are about to lose a lot of business.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(MrFish @ Mar 18 2008, 11:52 AM) View Post

From the fan mod threads, it seems you're breaking LIVE's TOS if you go online with a 360 with a fan mod.

That's as maybe, but it's not illegal to do so. The point is that you're not infringing on any copyright patents which is what the original poster was implying.

evanmugford

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 18 2008, 04:10 PM) View Post

That's as maybe, but it's not illegal to do so. The point is that you're not infringing on any copyright patents which is what the original poster was implying.

exactly, and no one that i know of to date has actually been banned for modding there fans,  can you imagin the balls ms would have to ban people for fixing a product they paid $400 for, that should have been done in the first place.

halcyonx12

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 18 2008, 06:48 AM) *

I really could continue - there are loads of things done to the 360 which wouldn't incur the wrath of the legal eagles.

Exactly, personally I didn't want to send mine in because I don't want someone else's used & refurbished 360 to come back to me.  Who knows how they treated it and if it's full of cigarette smoke smell or whatever.  There may be a problem with the DVD lens that could show up in the future.

MrFish

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 18 2008, 04:10 PM) View Post

That's as maybe, but it's not illegal to do so.

Actually, it is: breach of contract is illegal, and has various civil remedies. If you've signed up for LIVE, the TOS is a contract that you are bound by.

Modifying the firmware of your drive is just as legal, and just as illegal, as modifying your 360's fan: it breaches one or more contracts you may (or may not) be bound by. Neither action, per se, infringes any copyright or patent.

But anyway, all this is beside the point: the reason Microsoft doesn't service opened 360's is in line with standard industry practices: if the box has been opened, there's no way of showing that the hardware inside is the hardware that was originally inside, and that it failed because of a manufacturing defect, and not because of the end-user fat-fingering it.

FWIW, DVD lens problems are a piece of piss to fix: just clean it with some IPA, and (if necessary) readjust the focus gain.

If I were offering a warranty on my repairs, I'd do both of these things to refurb drives before I sent them out, seeing as it takes less than five minutes of trained labour, and the only material required is a swab.

ghettoc401

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Digital_sin @ Mar 17 2008, 07:25 PM) View Post

...if this repair kit doesn't get released in less than 10 days I'd say we've all just got punk'd april fools style.

I was thinking the exact same thing. In two weeks they will say April Fools  jester.gif

MartinC

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »

There are many fixes for the RROD but none work 100% of the time, if this has a high success rate it will sell.

I do however agree it does sound shady tongue.gif

Devedander

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »

I have to wonder at all the people who say that this kit will just have pieces you can get for "much" less... how much less?  I mean it can't get any more than $10 less as that's what it costs...

Now the way I see it:

Get list of parts (hopefully free and fast from somewhere on the net) - 2 minutes of searching

Drive to hardware store - 15 minutes

Wander around store finding the assorted parts in the right sizes and trying to get help finding the one piece that will be out of stock at this store and the one piece that is going to be in the wrong drawer on the other end of the isle from where it should be - 20 minutes and $1-3 to buy parts.  This is also assuming you aren't like me in which you always buy 1 extra of each part because you will loose something and don't want to drive back to the store to get it again.

Drive home - 15 minutes

Tools - I already own them, but it's not like they were free so there is some cost there.

So I have now spent about $3, drove for half an hour and spent over 20 minutes otherwise getting myself home with my stuff ready to go.

So almost 1 hour of my time to save $7 (less if you subtract gas and wear and tear on your car)?  I don't see how this is a ripoff... we pay a premium for convenience every day.   You won't have to look far in your own home to find items you paid hundreds of percent markup on because it was convenient.  

Factor in that almost unfalibly your hardware store will not have exactly one of the parts you need, but will have something close so you won't have exactly what everyone else has, which means you can't follow exactly the instructions everyone else has and sharing experiences and ideas won't be as easy as if everyone is using exactly the same stuff.

If you MUST fix your 360 TODAY and can't wait for shipping or if you have NOTHING else to do with your time so it really is worth only $7 an hour... well ok... go for it.  But it's hardly a ripoff in the classic sense.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »

SO YEAH ALL THE LINKS THEY HAVE THAT SAY ARE SELLING THE KIT I CANT FIND IT WTF.

jerrspud

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Mar 20 2008, 06:34 AM) *

SO YEAH ALL THE LINKS THEY HAVE THAT SAY ARE SELLING THE KIT I CANT FIND IT WTF.

I looked too. They said that there were orders placed for the kits, so you would assume it will take a bit for the vendors to get them and put them up for sell. I may get one if it is any different then the normal fix because my xclamp fix is not stable.

JBC2005

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »

Hi!
Was surfing a modchip site in the UK and it describes the kit as a set of heatsinks!
Can post the link, if it's allowed!

Jon

Gerjan

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

The kit comprises of specially formulated heatsinks which solve most issues that cause the RROD. Of course it cannot be guaranteed that this will work for your console as there are other reasons for the RROD - however this fix has cured almost every one we have come across. It's so cheap that it's crazy not to give it a try (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It is very easy to install and the kit is complete with the T10 and T8 screwdrivers.

It's from the webshop which is advertised @ team-executer site (the dual layer uaction)

I'm def. gonna try it. I gave up hope @ one 360, and if this kit will not work, I will try the oven...

This post has been edited by Gerjan: Mar 23 2008, 01:54 AM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6