xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Xecuter 360 RROD Repair Kit Ready and Shipping  (Read 1082 times)

Fazered

• Archived User
Xecuter 360 RROD Repair Kit Ready and Shipping
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

Well I don't care if it's just some stuff I can source myself. It will be designed to fix my Xbox, have support from Team X and from the community, ready sourced in a single purchase and single postage and be dirt cheap. If it stops me having a 200 quid doorstop then I'm all in.

Don't know why people are bitching, I can only think it's because that's what makes you happy.

If it arrives and it's a crappy bit of metal, washers and some thermal paste I won't give a shit as long as it does it job. Who cares if it costs 10p to make and cost me £5? It's how much it's worth to me and playing GTA IV will be MORE than worth it!

JBmtk

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Fazered @ Mar 17 2008, 05:40 PM) View Post

Well I don't care if it's just some stuff I can source myself. It will be designed to fix my Xbox, have support from Team X and from the community, ready sourced in a single purchase and single postage and be dirt cheap. If it stops me having a 200 quid doorstop then I'm all in.

Don't know why people are bitching, I can only think it's because that's what makes you happy.

If it arrives and it's a crappy bit of metal, washers and some thermal paste I won't give a shit as long as it does it job. Who cares if it costs 10p to make and cost me £5? It's how much it's worth to me and playing GTA IV will be MORE than worth it!

Yea, totally agree, espicaly with the bitching statement ahaha.

I just think Executer should post pictures even though everyone knows they are a reputable organization...its still pretty lame.

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »

Considering the secretive nature of this product it can only mean that it's easy to produce and costs far less to do it yourself. If it were hard to replicate I'm sure we would have been introduced to high-res pictures by now. Whatever the case may be, if you're not trying to pay for this wait a few days and you'll have either a free or an insanely cheap alternative that most likely involves the exact same materials as this "kit". (I.E. buying something for 25 cents at your local hardware store) For example, notice the added "fluff" such as the Torx screwdrivers. It's rather obvious to myself this has been added to justify the cost. I respect Xecuter and have bought products from them in the past but I doubt I'll be purchasing this one. Of course they could always prove me wrong...  smile.gif

cory1492

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »

They probably don't want to get beat to market with a Chinese knockoff that definitely doesn't match the quality and thus doesn't do what they intend. Just my 2 cents on the "secretive" aspect.

Surprised there aren't better preventative bits brought to market as of yet aside from "dude, use whisper and wire it to 12V", depending on exactly what this is I have to wonder if it could fall into that category too (and I'm still skeptical it is any form of cure.)

nettwerk

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

Its not a kit its a guide on what to buy to fix it lol

GeToChKn

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »

well you need a Torx10 bit to take off the case and all the bottom screws.  They say they include a Torx8 as well.  Thats only for either the front RF/ROL board which only has to come off if you're taking out the motherboard or to take off the XClamp screws to take the board out of the shielding, you at least have to do that much if they are including a Torx8 screwdriver.  And I don't think pictures would make a difference in being copied in China, if they are having these things mass produced, then its going to be made at a factory in China and they have the full part to copy there, they don't need a picture.

kero

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(JBmtk @ Mar 17 2008, 11:51 PM) *

I just think Executer should post pictures even though everyone knows they are a reputable organization...its still pretty lame.

Its to early for that...  
1. Announce a product idea. Listen to peoples comments on what is needed.
2. Design and build a sample product and prove the concept.
3. (Stage we are at now). Get a design spec and estimate costing.
4. Produce the product and send to distributors
5. Fix the product based on customer feedback

MrFish

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(kero @ Mar 18 2008, 01:14 AM) View Post

Its to early for that...  
1. Announce a product idea. Listen to peoples comments on what is needed.
3. (Stage we are at now). Get a design spec and estimate costing.
4. Produce the product and send to distributors
5. Fix the product based on customer feedback

Well, so far we've had:

1. Make a huge fuss about a vaguely-described product idea. Spit the dummy when public response isn't rapturous applause.

Now, perhaps I'm being pedantic, but it seems that after step two there'd be something to photograph.

Hell, everyone else is falling over themselves to get photographs of their pre-production lumps of plastic out in the wild.

Digital_sin

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Digital_sin @ Mar 18 2008, 12:04 AM) View Post

Judging by Xecuter's past line of products; This repair kit is probably going to work. However; it isn't going to be THE end all fix all RRODs solution (they never claimed it was anyways).

It's going to work... it's just a question of how effective it's going to be.

Also, April is right around the corner... If this repair kit doesn't get released in less than 10 days I'd say we've all just got punk'd april fools style.

kdizzle781

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

I don't understand why people are complaining. They are not ready to reveal what the product is yet, when they are im sure they will. Let's be honest with ourselves, who ever is bitchin is just mad they don't know what it is yet.

Patience is a virtue people, we will find out soon im sure.

Also, as many people already said... has Xecuter ever released something that sucked... I sure as hell cant think of anything. Atleast they are part of a solution to the problem, and a reliable source of innovation for our console.

So for that i say THANK YOU and  beerchug.gif CHEERS!

thili55

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »

The fact that they still won't show any pics, installation diagrams or even mention what this product will include besides a screwdriver should be evidence enough not to buy one. They know if they publicized this, no one would buy it because it can be made yourself.

irnchriz

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »

Considering the fact that the 360 has not been out for 3 years yet all of them are still covered by microsofts warranty if they get a RRoD system failure, what exactly, is the point of this kit?  Surely the only people who would require this are those who modified the 360 to play 'copies' of games???

GeToChKn

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »

Or people who opened them up after the 1 year but before microsoft extended the warranty and tried to fix them because they were stuck with a bunk system.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »

LOL... maybe its microsoft security stickers and the 1-800-4MY-XBOX number....

tongue.gif

They'd be right!  Its a great fix and no one is selling it...

xboxstone

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »

Would have to say people aren't "Bitching". They are just saying you can find the  Parts you need at any local hardware store. At a much lower price I might add. The Xbox-Scene Forum has  multiple posts on success stories from using basic washers and screws you can find just about anywhere. As of this post ->925 Consoles, Fixed and confirmed working.  See here : The "official" X-clamp Replacement Thread

As someone who was able to fix a RROD 360 with the help of the posts in this forum, & watching  few helpful videos you can find on-line.  I find it shameful that a once respected company like Xecuter is selling a small bag of screws & washers for $10.

This is the Tutorial I used to fix mine. Found everything I needed at a local Hardware store. If you live near a Lowe's or Home Depot the exact Part numbers are listed in the repair forums.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6