xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Code Switched From 0021 To 0020  (Read 33 times)

Super Anto

• Archived User
Error Code Switched From 0021 To 0020
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »

I have a 360 without warranty, so I decided to remove the x-clamps as show by the rbjtech method tutorial, just to prevent the motherboard from any bending. I started with 3 washers and the console worked fine, than decided to switch to 2 washers, just to be sure the h/s temperature was the same, everything ok even this time. I finally decided to get back to 3 washers, cause I read that this solution is less stressing the motherboard, but unfortunatly this time I had suddenly the 3rlod, error code 0021. I tried to go back to 2 washers and even just 1, but I've got still the 3 leds. After these attempts, the error code switched from 0021 to 0020 and I'm actually desperated and don't know what's going on and what can I do now:(
(I know I have been stupid, but that's it)

Thanks in advance for any helps or suggestion.

This post has been edited by Super Anto: Nov 19 2007, 11:04 PM

Super Anto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

Do you guys think I damaged anything using maybe to much alcohol to remove the old thermal past?

Super Anto

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

Please help!
Even just a suggestion...I don't know what to do.
Thanks.

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

I can almost guarantee you that you didn't damage anything by using too much alcohol or anything like that. I had the same problem with one of my ebay 360s. Unfortunately, I was never able to fix it, and I tried everything. I finally lost it and went out and bought a new one. In the end I decided that it was best to buy a new 360, leave the warranty on it, and just use that one for gaming and xbox-live, then get a broken one off of ebay, fix it, and use that one for modding. Sorry I can't be of more help.

flippy10

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 01:36:00 AM »

0020 is a tricky error. With my experience it could be that certain solder joints are shorted OR disconnected. And usually it ends up being something about the amount of pressure that is put upon the chips under heavy load. I'd recommend that you try the heat gun trick and see if you can get anything out of it. Before that, if you want a quick way to test, put the heatsinks on the board, but without any bolts. (Make sure there is thermal paste on the chips though, to ensure a good connection) and boot the Xbox. See if you get anything out of it then. If so, then when you tightened the heatsink onto the motherboard, you put it on a bit too much, and you either shorted something, or flexed something out of place. If it doesn't work with no heatsink on.. chances are you're up the creek. :/ But it's worth playing around with the tightness of the bolts to see if you can get anything out of them.

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »

heatgun on your gpu/cpu for 5 minutes will fix it

Super Anto

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »

Thanks everybody for the hints, I'll try to find an heatgun and I'll let you know if it works. By the way, do you guys know exactly the temperature I have to set the the heat gun?
Thanks again, you all have been very kind and helpfull.