xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Shroud Mod And 12v Fan Mod Installed  (Read 55 times)

addyirv

• Archived User
Shroud Mod And 12v Fan Mod Installed
« on: October 11, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

I have installed the shroud mod and 12v fan mod.

Thanks to the chaps on here.

So far i can tell the difference the case feels cooler i noticed the temp has dropped quite alot using a digital thermometer i have whilst placing it on the back and doing a before and after. About a 10-12c difference, and not that much louder.

Question please..

a) Will this prevent or at least prospone RROD, how long?

b.) Am i correct in thinking the GPU and CPU are now running quite abit colder than before (i presume this)?

c.) If you look at the case from the front i have cut a square out of the mesh bout 1 1/2 " x 1 1/2 on both sides ", i was going to attach a usb powered pc like fan so it would blow cold air directed at the gpu...would this be of any benefit, or mess things up?

Thanks in advance

This post has been edited by addyirv: Oct 11 2007, 10:47 PM

addyirv

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »

Just to add i have also removed the side plastic panels, and cut the mesh at the back where the fans sit.

pepelepe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(addyirv @ Oct 12 2007, 12:17 AM) *

Just to add i have also removed the side plastic panels, and cut the mesh at the back where the fans sit.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=625017 <-- EXACTLY the same thread..created by YOU.. are you fucking retarded or what?

addyirv

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(pepelepe @ Oct 11 2007, 11:46 PM) *

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=625017 <-- EXACTLY the same thread..created by YOU.. are you fucking retarded or what?

I pity you, nevermind can you post some constructive instead of being a tosspot all your life???

It is not the same as thread one, its bit like when you have to spot the difference between two pictures, except you seem to have problem with the most simple tasks.

This post has been edited by addyirv: Oct 12 2007, 07:24 AM