xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Todd McFarlane's Halo 3 Controllers Could Be Better  (Read 106 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Todd McFarlane's Halo 3 Controllers Could Be Better
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 05:42:00 AM »

Hmm I remember Major Nelson interviewing the designers of these controllers and they said they like do it in the process of the mold (the design) so it shouldn't seem tacky?

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(m00nstone @ Sep 26 2007, 01:47 AM) View Post

It's called art, it looks freaking awesome and Todd McFarlane rules.  

You're the same nerds that have to match every component in your stereo cabinet.

im sorry i like matching components..

QUOTE(DoTsTeR @ Sep 26 2007, 02:02 AM) View Post

Oh ok.. I didn't know that.

and now you know

QUOTE(quarky42 @ Sep 26 2007, 02:35 AM) View Post

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day, so it is no surprise to me that you are half right.  Todd McFarlane is pretty damn cool....  but even McFarlane is allowed to suck at something...  and apparently Todd sucks at making controllers look cool.

You are the weakest link.  Good bye.

im sorry not all of us have your same opinion.. i know several people with them and we actually like them.. and who still uses a quote from an old rundown british show anyways

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Sep 26 2007, 05:18 AM) View Post

Hmm I remember Major Nelson interviewing the designers of these controllers and they said they like do it in the process of the mold (the design) so it shouldn't seem tacky?

They dont mean tacky as in sticky, they mean tacky as in gaudy. This is why I didnt bother with them. Its the kind of crap youd expect from a value priced controller, trying to use the Halo brand to rake in some quick bucks. I would have prefered to see a color scheme thats halo related, rather than a image plastered on there.
Imagine how bad ass a 360 controller would look like if it was made to look like it was  made by the Covenant? All purple and shiny. That would be worth a buy.
Pages: 1 [2]