xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Questions On Switching From Premium System To Core  (Read 60 times)

ClemsonPablo

• Archived User
2 Questions On Switching From Premium System To Core
« on: August 07, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

Fed up with the half-working solution of the x-clamp replacement, and pleased with the price drop and 3 year warranty I have decided to throw in the towel with my old X360 Premium.  I plan on keeping my wireless controllers, HD, and component cables which I know will work with the core.  I have 2 other questions though.  Since my Xbox Live account was created on a premium system, when my subscription lapses (which I plan to let it to), will I still have access to all the demos and stuff, or will I be cut off since I will be accessing this on a core system?  Secondly I had a friend that had replaced his premium with a core and noticed that his wireless controller could not power the core system on using the Xbox Guide button.  Was this just a glitch or does this wireless power on not work with the core systems?  Any input would be appreciated!

ascalon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »

I sthere an actual difference between the premiums and cores?  I thought it was just the inclusion of accessories?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) If that's the case I may HAVE to buy a premium. Hmm.

BTW, I might suggest you send your xbox to get reflowed and new heat syncs for about $75 (give or take considering shipping).  I honestly wouldn't drop the old system just yet to pay for another, since Microsoft still hasn't officially fixed the problem.  Sending it to the following place just might really fix it and prevent it in the future, for less than buying a new one.  However, if your old one has had a lot of use and heating (possible damage to other delicate parts), it might be good then to consider replacement.  I have not used this place, but have been in contact with them and have heard success stories.-

http://www.xb360reflow.com/xbox360-xbox-ps2_003.htm

ClemsonPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »

I don't feel like messing with the busted system anymore, for about 2x of the price to maybe fix it I can just sell my broken system and working power brick on ebay and buy the core, AND I will be covered for 3 years.

This post has been edited by ClemsonPablo: Aug 8 2007, 01:54 AM

ascalon

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »

True, lol.

ClemsonPablo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

Any thoughts tho?  Do i keep to keep my premium live account and can i turn on the core system with a wireless controller?

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »

You're still able to use your account on the Core system just by doing a Gamertag Recovery. The downside to this is your purchased xbla games, and the sort bought on your previous console will only be unlocked (full version) when connected to Live. If not, you'll only be able to play the demo version. Any games bought on your new console will be playable offline and online fully until you switch to another console again (then the procedure will start again...)

Has your friend tried to sync the controllers with his other system? I can turn on my console which is a core with accessories that came from my previous premium from the remote & controllers fine