xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Few Questions About My Dead Console 3 Red Flashing  (Read 17 times)

ecncoolen

• Archived User
A Few Questions About My Dead Console 3 Red Flashing
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

Here is my story. After 4 months, in the last week the console froze a few times during the game playing or loading. Once restarted, it froze right away at the XBOX logo before the dash loaded. Now it froze during the loading GRAW2 with strange noise then gave me 3 flashing lights after reboot.

1. Once powered on, I saw 4 red flashing lights for a second then it turned into 3 flashing red lights. Is it normal to see the 4 led flashing lights before 3 flashing ones?

2. I am not able to see the secondary Error Code by holding sync button and eject button. There are always 3 red flashing lights. Is this because the console dies right after the power-on before the wireless controller gets connected?

3. Could it be due to the Samsung DVD drive? I can see a red laser focused on the upper cover of the DVD drive for 2 seconds during the power on. I have the same experience with PS2 DVD drive. If it is defective where can I get a new DVD drive?

Thanks a lot!

ecncoolen

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

I forgot the sync button on the console. I thought it was the button on the controller. Now the error code is the typical 0102. I guess it is not related to the DVD drive. But I did hear abnormal noise during the loading of the game.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »

Replace your X-Clamps. This has nothing to do with your DVD-ROM.