xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Shim Dimensions - Rbjtech's Method  (Read 20 times)

pak_indo

• Archived User
Help With Shim Dimensions - Rbjtech's Method
« on: July 16, 2007, 04:37:00 AM »

Hi Guys,

Long time listener, first time caller (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I have got a mate to make me up some shims made from aluminum. I have made them as per RBJTech's method ie, 20x10x1mm and if I am not wrong, this will exactly cover the smaller gpu die, but not the main die. Is this correct? It would just seem to me that the shim should be wider ie, around 15mm and perhaps a little longer as well, ie around 25mm... in order to cover both dies fully.

Have I missed something here? Surely I must have, as other people have followed the method to a t with no mishaps.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

pak

TheGOAT99

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »

I just put a shim on my 360 and made it slightly bigger than what it said in the tut. Think it was about 25x10x1 in the end. It works well was getting games lockup about 5 minutes into play but now it plays for hours. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

RBJTech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »

.. yea it's meant to cover both does - have I got the dimentions wrong ?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

pearkel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(RBJTech @ Jul 16 2007, 04:44 PM) *

.. yea it's meant to cover both does - have I got the dimentions wrong ?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

The 2cm x 1cm x 1mm doesen't completely cover the large die.

pak_indo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(RBJTech @ Jul 16 2007, 04:44 PM) *

yer, I wasn't at home to measure em when I called him so I used your dims, but I have got him to cut another batch up for me at 24x14

and while I am here, thanks for the tut RBJTech, youve made a lot of people happy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

pak