xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New Pictures of 2nd GPU HeatSink on Xbox 360 - Update: Video  (Read 964 times)

bmonster007

• Archived User
New Pictures of 2nd GPU HeatSink on Xbox 360 - Update: Video
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(KingViper @ Jun 13 2007, 03:43 PM) View Post

Just because Microsoft updated their heatsink design, does not mean they submit to having a flawed design to begin with. Thats like saying if they update to a 65nm that their current CPU is flawed, thats not how those things work.

Once the performance numbers come back, then maybe you've got a case. You would have to show that the rate of failure decreased substantially after the new design compared to the old one. Good luck getting performance numbers on that.

Just got back from chatting with my solicitor, and he think we now have a very good case.

Purely for the fact they haven't made an improved CHEAPER design, its obviously costing them more to fit this new heatsink.

Why would they spend more on it, if there was nothing wrong with there design in the first place.

Also the fact there fitting it to repaired consoles, just strenghtens my case.

zenkiS14

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »

Hope they sell these cause I would buy 2 for my consoles.

Navillos

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joust @ Jun 13 2007, 12:41 PM) View Post

If/When Microsoft puts in a CPU with 65nm tech, it will exacerbate the problem with the GPU unless the address it. The 65nm CPU will run cooler thereby delaying the fan speed increase even longer. The GPU will get even hotter.
Unless:
- they change the entire board design and move the GPU.
- add independent fan speed control for the GPU
- change the GPU tech to 65nm as well. (or something similar)
- all of the above.

you would think both chips would go to 65nm, as it will cost them less to produce. they arent doing it for us they are doing it for them.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

Pics aint working sad.gif

KingViper

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(bmonster007 @ Jun 13 2007, 01:19 PM) View Post

Just got back from chatting with my solicitor, and he think we now have a very good case.

Purely for the fact they haven't made an improved CHEAPER design, its obviously costing them more to fit this new heatsink.

Why would they spend more on it, if there was nothing wrong with there design in the first place.

Also the fact there fitting it to repaired consoles, just strenghtens my case.

Maybe because the repaired consoles have already been overheated, making them possible more sensitive to future overheating, therefore as an extra measure they added the heatsink.

I'm sorry, but good luck with your case.

DrJeckyll

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »

If you've still got warranty for a short period of time then it's about time to get the old towel out and get yourself a new board + new heatsink for free. Time to get back at those bastards!  mad.gif

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »

They should re-evaluate the situation and get the 65nm GPU out the door first and ASAP.  The CPU runs cool enough and the GPU is in dire need of any help it can get to run more cool.

I wouldnt be surprised if this new heatsink is only used for repairs and any non 65nm GPU unit manufactured until they are out.  I imagine it wouldnt be necessary at that point and a step backward in their quest to lower manufacturing costs.

Maybe we will see a better design for the GPU heatsink as a stand alone unit in the future.

benbon

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »

Yes is it a refurbished Xbox, its my video so i would know smile.gif

DrJeckyll

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

So, does the extra radiator heat up when you stick in a dvd or something?

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

haha i just love it how every one is taking pictures of there consoles they just got back from M$
am i the only one who has rembered this goes against all the rules this site has in place
all its proving is that your committing fraud by tampering with M$'s warranty stickers
that is unless ofcourse your the kind of person that will just throw away there warranty coz you have so much trust in M$'s repair work that your box will never break again
haha
Rip

derrycityboy

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiPpN-N-TrIppN @ Jun 14 2007, 12:23 AM) View Post

haha i just love it how every one is taking pictures of there consoles they just got back from M$
am i the only one who has rembered this goes against all the rules this site has in place
all its proving is that your committing fraud by tampering with M$'s warranty stickers
that is unless ofcourse your the kind of person that will just throw away there warranty coz you have so much trust in M$'s repair work that your box will never break again
haha
Rip

how is it committing fraud by tampering with the MS warranty stickers  uhh.gif

dogdirt2000

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »

i thought the gpu was also going to be fabricated using 65nm - A lot of sources on the web would suggest this.

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »

well to take pictures they have to take apart the 360
which means they have removed/broken the warranty sticker
which means they no longer have a warranty
and if i had been getting the 3ROD and just got the box back from M$ the last thing i would be doing would be to  throw away my warranty just to take pictures
that is unless there committing fraud by removing the sticker with say a hair dryer then putting the sticker back on when its time to resend it back to M$
there have been many posts regarding this with most ending in a ban
Rip

GameDoctor

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »

It would appear from the pictures that this new heatsink is only supported by the attached metal arm screwed to the main GPU heatsink.  If the Xclamps have not been modified or changed to a fixed mount, that leverage will make it easier to break loose the thermal pad from the chip when the unit is tipped over, jarred, dropped etc.  Although that is user abuse, kids do it all the time.

DrJeckyll

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiPpN-N-TrIppN @ Jun 14 2007, 01:58 AM) View Post

well to take pictures they have to take apart the 360
which means they have removed/broken the warranty sticker
which means they no longer have a warranty
and if i had been getting the 3ROD and just got the box back from M$ the last thing i would be doing would be to  throw away my warranty just to take pictures
that is unless there committing fraud by removing the sticker with say a hair dryer then putting the sticker back on when its time to resend it back to M$
there have been many posts regarding this with most ending in a ban
Rip

What if it's just out of warranty or the owner just doesn't care about the warranty?

So scamming us is legal but scamming MS should be banned? And what about that warranty. Until now they kept replacing the boards with exacty the same types so it'll break down again and again 'till you're out of warranty and you can flush all your hard earned cash down the drain. Customers are for making money not for sympathyzing so the costumer is never right as shown by MS.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5