xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Red Lights  (Read 57 times)

Glitch Lord

• Archived User
2 Red Lights
« on: May 19, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

This is a strange problem, i had 3 red lights then i tried the eraser trick but i think i made the rubbers to big and as i was screwing it up, it was very tight and i was doing the front screws up near the pcb board, then i heard this Crack.... so i undid it took the rubbers of and did the screws up and turned it on, and it worked but then the fans went really fast then it 2 red lighted, it did that every time, then i undid the screwed about 1 full turn, now it doesn't do it? what have i done?

EDIT: Also, do i have! to run the x-clamps, can't heatsink sit on top, becuase i think's thats my problem, i havent done the x-clamp replacement yet but going to soon.

This post has been edited by Glitch Lord: May 20 2007, 12:17 AM

xxXChris UkXxx

• Archived User
2 Red Lights
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »

2 Red lights is a overheating problem  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Good luck

Glitch Lord

• Archived User
2 Red Lights
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

wow....  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)  i asked what did that loud crack do, not whats happening, i already found that it.

Glitch Lord

• Archived User
2 Red Lights
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

Sorry i was rude, i just found out my mum throwed out my dvd driver covers, that made me pised

grim_d

• Archived User
2 Red Lights
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

moving to general/hardware

LegendaryGamer

• Archived User
2 Red Lights
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »

I seemed like I got it right this time. I reopened case and reaplied thermal compond and retighten screws that holds down clamps and then duct taped some of my left side to get airflow of fan to blow air towards the right side to hit some of the GPU heatsink to help it stay cooler. Sofar I do not hear anymore fan speed ups for not and no more 2 lights errors. Let me cross my fingers though!

LegendaryGamer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)