xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Controllers Not Connecting On Faulty 360.  (Read 15 times)

Bauered

• Archived User
Controllers Not Connecting On Faulty 360.
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

Sorry for the story chaps (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hi there, have just signed up after reading through the site for a couple of weeks. Am particularly interested in RBJTechs x-clamp replacement tutorial.

Anyway, seeing as my under warranty 360 is back at Microsoft I thought I'd buy a faulty unit from ebay. I got the unit back today and tried it out. 3 red llights straight away - as described in the listing.
So I went for a quick trial and towelled the console for around 30 minutes. After this I let it cool for around 10 to 15 minutes.

Switch it on and it boots to the dashboard. This is where I noticed my controllers were not connecting. I tried all the various methods; new batteries, using the sync buttons in various combos, using the usb lead with the play and charge kit - I noted that the LED on the play and charge leads controller end did not light up in any of the usb ports.
Nothing worked and the console locked up in the dashboard (could've locked during my trials with the controller, I didn't really notice).

Then I followed Llamas dismantle tutorial and got the 360 apart quite easily (was quite worried after reading that it's not the easiest job but thank the heavens, didn't even break the warranty stickers!).

Anyway, I couldn't get further than taking the DVD drive out due to lack of tools.

Internally, the box is ok, little dust and nothing untoward over the areas of the board I could see.

So I put the xbox back together (try another day, with tools!) and thought I'd give it another whirl before turning everything off.

It booted fine but my controllers wouldn't connect again so I stuck in Tomb Raider anyway. TR booted and got about halfway through the intro before it locked with a checkerboard pattern.

I should also note that fresh from ebay (local pick up) the console displayed an 0022 error.
After the towel it displayed an 0102 error.

So my question so far : is it possible my RF board is toast? I would like to see if this is a problem before trying the x-clamp fix.

Thanks in advance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bauered

• Archived User
Controllers Not Connecting On Faulty 360.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

Time for a confession; I didn't try pressing the sync button on both console and controller...

Such a dumbass!

Anyway, when I get my hands on the correct size torx driver I shall continue with the x-clamp replacement.
And after booting the console a few times whilst diassembled, I could get the console to boot by pressing hard down onto the GPU. 3 red lights otherwise, so I'm pretty sure it is fixable.

Will keep this updated with my progress.