xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Am I Screwed? Require Some Help  (Read 15 times)

LukaX

• Archived User
Am I Screwed? Require Some Help
« on: April 29, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »

Hey guys my 360 has died (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif) and I can't send it back to MS to get it repaired because stupid me caught the tamper stick under the faceplate by accident and slightly voided the bottom of the sticker so know it can't go back for repair. Anyways this is the problem I am having.

I was online just browsing through Xbox Live Arcade and I had just downloaded Jet Pack and was looking at getting some more MS points and all of a sudden it froze and did a weird checkerboard effect across the screen. So I turned it off and nothing would come on the screen! I tried taking the leads out checking all connections and everything was perfect. After a few minutes it would boot but when the 360 orb shows it freezes and does weird graphics and makes a noise very simular to Sinclair Spectrum loading a game. So I turned it off again and checked it all, then it gave me 3 red lights and wouldn't do anything. After every so many minutes it would boot further then just freeze with weird stuff on the screen and make that nasty noise. At the moment it will play from time to time but randomly usally the first time you use it do the same error anywhere when playing a game, dvd or even just on the dashboard.

What I was thinking is there any way of modding it or messing around with it to try and get it to work? I haven't got anything to lose because I can't send it back and I'm gonna have to get a new one at some point. If there is anything I can do I will try it to get it working.

If anyone could help that would be great!

Oh yeah sorry if this is in the wrong forum I couldn't figure out where exactly to put it.

Thanks in advance

RDC

• Archived User
Am I Screwed? Require Some Help
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »

Look around the forums for 3RLOD and the 0102 and 0020 error codes, there are several "fixes" that you can try from the Towel trick to X-clamp replacememt.