xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]

Author Topic: Tutorial : X-clamp Replacement - Lawdawg0931's Method  (Read 17432 times)

iispyderii

• Archived User
Tutorial : X-clamp Replacement - Lawdawg0931's Method
« Reply #1095 on: July 28, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »

I did the Team HYBRID's Ultimate X-Clamp Fix and it worked!
I saw this tutorial and it said to go to xbox-experts.com and there was an updated tutorial which was Team Hybrid's fix. I did the homemade version and IT WORKS! I'M SO FRIGGIN HAPPY!

Xenon Mobo
Hitachi DVD Drive
Secondary RROD error: 0102 (xbox doesn't know what's wrong)

-l3x-

• Archived User
« Reply #1096 on: August 25, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the parts from home depot to fix the x reclamp?

joeherrera1927

• Archived User
« Reply #1097 on: December 20, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »

I tried the X-clamp trick and my X-box still does not work, Can anyone tell me why or what else i should try to get those stupid rings out.

Aahzman

• Archived User
« Reply #1098 on: February 23, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »

Howdy! So, I scored a defunct xbox360 basic while i was moving some stuff for my sister into her new place. it powered up with the 3-light RROD, so after a little googling, I came across Lawdawg0931's tutorial and followed it to a T.

When i get to the step to power it up to "cook" the AS-5, it goes quicly from 3 lights to the 2 lights indicating overheat, but after 2 minutes, the heat sinks aren't even warm....

Remembering his caution that it could take up to 5min just to switch to 2 lights, I'm letting it sit for a few more, and checking the heat sinks every 30sec or so to see if they are getting warmer...4min in so far, and nothing...

No fans attached, just the dvd drive. video cable is plugged into my tv and the xbox.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Aahzman

Aahzman

• Archived User
« Reply #1099 on: February 24, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Aahzman @ Feb 23 2011, 10:10 PM) View Post

Howdy! So, I scored a defunct xbox360 basic while i was moving some stuff for my sister into her new place. it powered up with the 3-light RROD, so after a little googling, I came across Lawdawg0931's tutorial and followed it to a T.

When i get to the step to power it up to "cook" the AS-5, it goes quicly from 3 lights to the 2 lights indicating overheat, but after 2 minutes, the heat sinks aren't even warm....

Remembering his caution that it could take up to 5min just to switch to 2 lights, I'm letting it sit for a few more, and checking the heat sinks every 30sec or so to see if they are getting warmer...4min in so far, and nothing...

No fans attached, just the dvd drive. video cable is plugged into my tv and the xbox.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Aahzman

Woot! Fixed it! Turns out the only proper diameter nylon washers i could get were a little too thick. so i pulled it apart and took out thmetal washers between the heat sink screwmounts and the nylon. i actually superglued the nylon washers over the holes to make it easier to deal with the screws. tightened em down finger tight. This time, it started getting warm almost immediately, took about 5min to switch to 2-lights overhead mode. gave it 2 minutes, shut it down, pulled the board, tightened everything up good and tight, and reassembled, plugged er in, and BAM, dashboard!

Only problem now, the damn DVD drive won't eject (it did before even with the 3L RROD).

Good progress tho!

Thanks Lawdawg!!!

Aahzman

MorbiusPrime

• Archived User
« Reply #1100 on: March 21, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »

I love these tutorials.  they are such a help.  I did have one question on it to see if anyone else had this issue and how they fixed it.

After getting the xclamp fix finished it came on just fine.  it worked for 2 days then 3RR again.  I checked everything and found that the screws were a little loose.  I have had to tighten them down three times now.  The last time being this morning.  Each time the screws seem a bit tighter but I do have to keep tightening them down and am hoping that if I do this enough it will stop loosening and work fine but I am worried that I may have to continue doing this.  

Any suggestions??

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #1101 on: March 21, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »

don't put screws in your heatsinks, this only guarantees permanent damage.  the real way to fix a 360 cost money, so people rather use these "to good to be true" type fixes.

Ccaveman84

• Archived User
« Reply #1102 on: March 23, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »

if you wish to fix your RROD this guide is the best

http://www.mediafire...z798n9nvxlpten8

it is a step by step guide and is very detailed and contains many picture references
I have used this guide myself and this is how I learned how to fix the RROD easily and cheaply

the great thing is this has been a permanent fix for me every time and I have now fixed many xbox's for friends and family using this very method

the file is in PDF format so you will need Adobe reader to read it
trust me with this PDF you will never need another guide again.  tongue.gif

You can purchase all of the parts required from ebay very cheap around £3 but I would however suggest getting a separate silver or gold Thermal paste the White paste can be ok but is not always reliable, here is a link to help you.
http://shop.ebay.co....k...0&_nkw=RROD

Thank you to the guys at Tech Guy UK for providing this great guide.  biggrin.gif

aphexzer

• Archived User
« Reply #1103 on: May 27, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(dvsone @ Apr 21 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post

Australian Parts

Store: Bunnings Warehouse (Store Locater)

2 x Dan's Premium C/S MT Screws & Nuts Size 3/16x1/2 (Qty: 5 per packet)
2 x Zenith Flat Washers 3/16 (Qty: 25 per packet)

I used 3 washers on the bottom of the motherboard, and 2 on the top.

I cleaned the CPU, GPU and heatsinks with Arcticlean, and re-applied with Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Premium Compound.

Australian's can buy those thermal products from here.

Everything is working great for me so far. Thanks Lawdawg.

I had purchased the above parts:
"2 x Dan's Premium C/S MT Screws & Nuts Size 3/16x1/2 (Qty: 5 per packet)
2 x Zenith Flat Washers 3/16 (Qty: 25 per packet)"
From a local Bunnings in Australia and when attempting the mount I had noticed that the washers over-lapped each other between the CPU/GPU.
 Using the suggested amount of washers front and back made the heatsinks un-mountable also when attempting just the CPU. I had used less washers and mounted them 2x front side of CPU and 3x backside of the GPU as any more/less and the tension was wrong.

It worked for around a week with limited game play and now from the 2 red light overheats that were the problem I now have the RROD.

As you can imagine I'm well pissed off with dvsone.
I advise others to avoid the listed parts as they are not a match.

I have since tried "baking" the baking via the Lawdawg0931 method in case there was cold solder joints but no luck. I've an Xbox 360 Elite and soon as it powers on the fans go off any way with the RROD. It won;t o to overheat unless I loosen the screws and even then the 2-3min bake time doesn't do anything. Otherwise I leave it as in the tutorial for 20-30min periods and the heat sinks don't even get hot and there's no chance of it going to 2 light overheat.

Any ideas Mr. Lawdawg0931??

I'm thinking of sending it off for a re-balling and GPU fix as we can get it done here for around $50.

sara135

• Archived User
« Reply #1104 on: July 11, 2011, 04:26:00 AM »

I've read both guides(im not trying to start a vs here mods wink.gif  and I just need to ask a question for this method. I know in RBJtech's method, he has modified the heatsinks to fit the screws, and do you do any of that with this method or you just take the clamps out and replace them with screws+washers?

I've seen the reference picture in the guide, but it kinda confused me sleep.gif . Thanks.

sinclairuser

• Archived User
« Reply #1105 on: November 27, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »

tons of sellers on ebay for a couple of quid post free!
BUT its not recommended anymore it will only bodge it for a couple of months at the very best!
at the worst it will ruin the board personally i'd very carefully remove the xclamps clean the dies and reapply new paste just be very carefull there are loads of tuts out there to help
if xclamps are lose just GENTLY bend them back into shape if changingthe paste and cleaning gets it to boot
then you could buy a kit though i would not recomend it!
also use nylon washers not steel if i sound cautious its because as it sits now a PRO MAY BE ABLE TO FIX IT
however after its been bolted a real pro wont even touch it!
the thing is the net is full of fixes that are not really fixes just bodges from a time when we DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER!
if it needs a reball its cheaper to buy a second hand console sad but true
cash generator have some good deals at the moment in the uk as they cannot sell an xbox360 unless its seals are intact 40-60 for a phat 80-95 for slim thats gbp.
the cost of a reball is around 50 quid so there not really worth repairing wink.gif
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]