xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help 5.2 F/w Not Working Anymore  (Read 278 times)

xmikepwnsx

• Archived User
Please Help 5.2 F/w Not Working Anymore
« on: April 21, 2007, 01:45:00 AM »

so tonight i go to turn on my 360 and i'm not able to play any of my backups

i have a ts-943 ms25, but it's been flashed as a ms28, and whenever i tried to flash it as ms25 it would never work.

i put 5.2b on when it came out. previous to that i'd always had open tray errors and other errors where games would just stop with older firmwares. so i tried the rubberband mod (i had the rubberband measured out to 3mm) and it worked great, until tonight.

i've been reading through forums all night and have come up with nothing. i'm scared to think that my laser might be effed, but it read originals so i think it's still good. it was working fine last night on my backups.

i'm too tired now to take off the heatsink and put on thermal grease or to try flashin with a different f/w.

any ideas would be great. i'm really lost at this point

should i try an older f/w. or a different rubberband method (i've tried moving it around in different places, and even tried a pen spring).

sorry if i'm sounding like a n00b or if i've overlooked something, but i'd really appreciate some input

***edit

i just remembered that the drive would make a grinding sound sometimes mostly during bootup and during loadtimes. and i use memorex and sony dl+r disks. no matter what i do the disks get scratched.

This post has been edited by xmikepwnsx: Apr 21 2007, 08:56 AM

DarrenR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »

The laser could be dirty, or you might need to adjust the pot.

xmikepwnsx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 02:02:00 AM »

would adjusting the pot make it stop grinding also?

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »

clean laser -->> pot calibration  -->> replace laser is the usual order

rgds, soso