xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Died  (Read 99 times)

Eclipse2005

• Archived User
360 Died
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »

Well the other day I was at my girlfriends house and I was letting her play some Saints. I have the XCM Black Case with Blue LED's.

Out of nowhere, her mom decides to run the damn shredder. The 360 froze as soon as she did and now I have the red lights of doom. (I believe that was the cause, not coincidental)

I need to swap my cases out to the old case so I can send the 360 in for the out-of-warranty repair fee. I'm currently having a bitch trying to get the top and bottom pieces off cause the pins just don't seem to be there.

Anyone know any good tuts for that case, not the original case?

poisonousjuice

• Archived User
360 Died
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

microsoft wont even touch it with the warranty sticker broken. you'll have to DIY it man.

Eclipse2005

• Archived User
360 Died
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

Ok, got the case off. If you lightly shake the "guts", there is a rattling noise. The Disc Drive is off and it sounds like it is coming from under the less tall heatsink. I don't know if that is the prob or not but I don't remember a rattling/loose sound when I first got it last may...

Boiker

• Archived User
360 Died
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »

The rattling is a sensor that tells the console which way up it is (horizontal or vertical) so the ROL can be lit up correctly.

Also as said Microsoft won't fix your 360 because you have broken the seal, even if you pay them.

RDC

• Archived User
360 Died
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »

Yer GF's moms shredder had jack to do with your 360 throwing the 3RLOD, unless she actually put it in the shredder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Moved to 360 General since this has squat to do with case modding.