xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Samsung Won't Eject Empty  (Read 79 times)

zeeboid

• Archived User
360 Samsung Won't Eject Empty
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »

hey all.

xbox 360
Samsung drive.

when ejecting the drive, it works fine when a disk is in the drive... but when the drive is empty, it will not eject while standing or laying down.  you press Eject, with or without the faceplate, and it tries... its like the drive gets stuck.  It doesn't budge at all, though you can feel it trying to go.

It USEDTO have issues ejecting while standing ONLY.

I can use a paperclip to open the drive, and once I get a disk in there, it opens up just fine.

Any sugguestions on what I can look for if I start taking it apart?

Thanks!

zeeboid

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »

open the drive and clean the rubberband that is attached to the tray motor

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »

I just took apart my 360 and tried to fix this problem, but didnt. I had the same problem on an original xbox, my dad and i put white grease all over the place, on the rails, mechanisms etc, but no luck. I tried all that on here and it didnt do a thing, but now i do remember we found the rubberband was the prob on the original Xbox.

Still, sick of taking my 360 apart, i will try to remember this for next time.

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »

Just had to take it apart again, it wouldnt read discs. I left the SATA cable unplugged. Talk about annoying!
I've opened it 4 times today now!

But i cleaned the rubberband with no luck, still have to give it an almighty whack to get the drive to open

zeeboid

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

Same deal here too.  the rubber band is as clean as... well... something realy clean, and no luck.

darkshadow83

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »

I have the same problem with my samsung drive. When a dvd is in the drive it opens just fine, but when it's empty it won't eject.

It looks like the motor isn't strong enough to pull the magnet away from the dvd holder (round thing attached to the drive case at the top). I've tried another case for the drive, but the problem remains..

When I hit eject and I slam my hands on my xbox it will open, but I rather not do that all the time  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

This post has been edited by darkshadow83: Mar 17 2007, 04:11 PM

BarronOKirky

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »

I have the same problem with ine, but is there any way to sorting this problem because i still have my warranty and i dont want to mess that up.   Thanks in advance if anyone can help me

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(BarronOKirky @ Mar 18 2007, 02:02 PM) *

I have the same problem with ine, but is there any way to sorting this problem because i still have my warranty and i dont want to mess that up.   Thanks in advance if anyone can help me

If your xbox is faulty and under warranty send it in to get repaired. Don't try to repair the problem yourself until your warranty has expired / been voided.

thetig

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 03:47:00 AM »

Hi guys, i've just had the same problem and got it fixed .
Only when there was no game inside would it jam.
I tried cleaning the rubber band to no avail so i then got myself
some insulating tape and cut a small circle out to cover the ring of metal visible
on the spinning plastic disc that is set into the drive lid, cut a small hole in the middle to let the centre pin through and just used enough to cover the ring of metal,i cut two and stuck on on top of the other to double it up, used the top of my screwdriver to push the tape in perfectly around the metal ring.
Put it back together and now works perfectly.
The insulating tape weakens the magnets hold and allows the weakened rubberband or motor to open the drive flawlessly.
Just saved myself £45 for a new samsung drive.
Well for now anyway,lol.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by thetig: Apr 27 2007, 10:50 AM

booger8364

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »

Replace the rubber band. Go to the store and buy a pakage of hair rubber bands cost about a buck. They look like rubber tubeing that was layed flat and cut. Works like a charme fix alot of samsungs in the xbox 1 and the 360.

SnufftheCrimeDog

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »

Uh....I have two xboxs one works fine but the other one seems to have a jammed drive. Try this, after pushing the eject button push on the disc drive lightly, that got mine to eject, this works for me at least (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by SnufftheCrimeDog: Apr 27 2007, 08:45 PM