xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fps Diffrence With Two 360s  (Read 49 times)

Amnitrix

• Archived User
Fps Diffrence With Two 360s
« on: March 03, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »

This is just something I found out today for myself and maybe some people here.

I did a slight long test on two different 360s.  360#1: With failing fall update, and received during launch. 360#2: With fixed update and new as of 2006 November.

360 1 used to work perfect before the update and had very few issues ever unless it was overheating.  I tested Gears of War on both consoles to see why they both had a huge frame rate difference.  Console 1 tested through the complete game with periodic large lags here and there, especially on the Trial by Fire scene at the top of the long stairs.  The game was tested after this I tested the console both without and with the HDD, and the frame rate did not change, leading to the conclusion the cache was not the problem.  Console 2 was tested with and without the HDD and overall played perfect.  I cannot come the conclusion that the Launch consoles hardware was extremely faulty and was not ready for the next-gen, although I would like to suggest that a huge processing difference in both console was to blame.

Don't flame me for this I just thought people would like to know the reason for the huge frame rate issues with old and new 360s, don't mind the red color I just like it, stands out.

Overall data: 360#1: Not recommended due to bad hardware.  360#2: Recommended due to the fact that is isn't a stinking pile of s**t like the old one. (excuse me.)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Fps Diffrence With Two 360s
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

they haven't changed the hardware.....it must be software