xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wireless Adaptor  (Read 28 times)

mikemurray

• Archived User
Wireless Adaptor
« on: January 13, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »

My wireless network adaptor is constantly on the red light (not flashing just plain) and my connection tests say that it is disconnected...even though is is correctly plugged in and nothing is plugged into the ethernet port!!

I tried a friend's adaptor and sure enough the light went green and i could connect to xbox live.  This would seem to suggest that the problem lies with my network adaptor being faulty in some way.

However, and this is the interesting part, i no longer have the receipt for my adaptor so cannot take it back to the store for replacement/refund.

Can anyone help me with this problem - any suggestions or help would be much, much appreciated thanks in advance...

Lordscr

• Archived User
Wireless Adaptor
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

Sometime one doesn't work as well as an other. If the distance between the xbox and the router is about 40 feet or more, you can be getting a weak signal, try to move the two closer together or adjust the attenna. After that, if your still having trouble, call customer service, they'll replace it if it is warrented.