xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nfs Working Again With Hitachi...weird  (Read 71 times)

Firebat138

• Archived User
Nfs Working Again With Hitachi...weird
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

Well...IN the past I have had problem with my Hitachi either freezing playing this game.....Then I had heard that maybe during the sign in to EA Nation caused problems...SO...I unplugged and after that it worked great for a while.....Then the dirty disc errors started appearing AGAIN.....but not in the same place.....ONLINE and OFF....
Then TH8 would not go past the loading screen.....This of course was either with my backup of the Collectors Edition, plain NFS Carbon, my original, and a rented copy...So I assumed it was my drive....But it would only do this with NFS...and ONCE with Superman.....SO...I had the system reflashed with newer firmware..Not sure which one....The guy said he played NFS for hours after that... HIS COPY...but when I got it home...BAM...same thing.....So I hokked up the ethernet cable again ....I havent been on for months it seemed, and there was a new update....After that I have played everything FINE....no hiccups at all so far...I have played NFS online and off with no problems.  Did the update fix it?  Perhaps it was little green men....Not sure..Don't care....All the backups work fine and no problems signing in to EA Nation with a backup, original, the neighbor's wife's copy...Dont ask...  :-)   What exactly was the update?

FB

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
Nfs Working Again With Hitachi...weird
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 12:38:00 AM »

updates fix game specific freezes alot... rainbow six.... gow... dead or alive.. and many others.. ive seen it actually fix them.. luckily i am on live gold and never once seen one of these problems.. always seen these problems only on premium xbox's that arent on live all the time