xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Freezing  (Read 121 times)

spoons-r-us

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) Hey guys just a little help, my xbox is now just freezing at random, no lines or anything else no errors, just freezes....is this a common problem, i have read and i see that when it feezes people are getting squiggly lines and the ROD, but not me, just freezes and the fans slowly go quiet...if this was postes earlier i am sorry but i read for a while and found nothing like mine...so any help would be awesome  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

gordita37

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 03:02:00 AM »

ive gotten the glitchy lines along with just a blank freeze. Where does yours freeze? during a specific game? One specific part? During boot?

Le Nikolaz

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

Just the same crap that i had with my 360 before 0102! - imho
It just freezed while i was palying games, at the begining that was not often...but after last updates from Live, freezes became frequently and after 3 days or so, my console fu#ed up:( I know that updates not privy here...but it's still not good at all.

dj_adamix

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

if i were u, i wouldnt paly it again and just open the case. apply 12v fan mod plus arctic silver or how ever its called paste on gpu and cpu core. plus extra heat sinks on memory chips. o yeah and aluminum foil mod on gpu heat sink. well if ull keep palying it ull just end up wit error 0102. trust me it happened to me with 2 mobos already lol. and if u get 0102 u can fix it but it wont last for long.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) good luck

spoons-r-us

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

well i thought this was my thread LOl, but it doesnt have specific part, just during game playi tried 2 diff games and did same thing....no error codes just the fans slowy go quiet and thats it....

Le Nikolaz

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(spoons-r-us @ Dec 19 2006, 08:50 AM) *

well i thought this was my thread LOl, but it doesnt have specific part, just during game playi tried 2 diff games and did same thing....no error codes just the fans slowy go quiet and thats it....

Do as dj_adamix suggested you:) This might be helpfull, anyway this wont be worse.

Navillos

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

mine has froze on startup right when it gets in the dash)about 5 times and a couple during games.

dj_adamix

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Navillos @ Dec 19 2006, 04:38 PM) *

mine has froze on startup right when it gets in the dash)about 5 times and a couple during games.

u have to try heat gun. good luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

atOms

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

my xbox freezes within the first 10 minutes of playing ANY game now.  i turn it off then back on and it usually plays fine for the rest of the night.  there has been a couple of times that it freezes 3 or 4 times in the first 40 minutes of gameplay.

when it freezes, it just freezes. the image is still on the screen clear as day.  just frozen.

it seemed to happen after the fall update about a month ago.  that might not be the cause but i've never had it happen before then and it happens every day since then.

sonicfreak5

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »

having the same problem as everyone else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Brayne

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

hmm i have exactly the same problem. mine is freezing within the first 10 minutes. then i have no problems for hours, but i dont play very long at one time, maximum 2hrs or so. it seems that the fall update fucked my xbox. before i forget if you play demos from the hdd there aren't any problems. you can play all along with no freeze.

greetz

mygameswirelesscom

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

hellogoodbye2

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

WTF MINE FREEZES ANY TIME I CLICK THE BIG BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CONTROLLER. i am working on my 360 wip and was playing it w/0 th cover when all of a sudden i turn it on and it just freezes whenever i click the dash button. reassembled and it still does the same thing. anyone know whats up?

hellogoodbye2

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

lol i just formatted my hdd and everythings alright. lucky me. i guess my profile became curropted somehow

bigjimmy

• Archived User
360 Freezing
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

i guess my profile became curropted somehow

Yeah that can happen. You got lucky lol