xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Great Fix For 0102 Error  (Read 75 times)

zuhaib_s

• Archived User
Great Fix For 0102 Error
« on: December 02, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »

hey guys,
recently my games started tpo hang dueing gameplay, then they started hanging right 2 mins into any game and then one day red lights of dom, i tried everything u can imagine including the hot air gun method but with a hairdryer but nothnig worked. i almost gave up hope and decided to sell it to a friend but as a one final go tried somethnig different. i wrapped my xbox with my jacket covering all ventillation holes and turned it on, kept it runnig till it turned off itself and gave me 2 light overheating error. i let the 360 cool down for an hour and then ran it. bingo , it was alive but while playing COD3 got artifacts( no crash), so i put a separate DC12v Fan on top of the GPU and now everything works perfectly no hangs no crashes, no artifacts and 4 hours of GOW. i love myself. LOL

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
Great Fix For 0102 Error
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

so you overheated the hell out of it and then ran it normal?  I dont understand how this is a fix.  can you give a little more explanation and/or reasoning.

holyniht

• Archived User
Great Fix For 0102 Error
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

The best fix for the 0102 error is just gettin the thing replaced. There's so many " home remedies" its hard 2 keep track off. I've tried em all and they do work but it all comes back down 2 how long, the mobo eventually craps out again. After the 4th or 5th heatgun you start sayin fcuk it. It doesn't help either that the 0102 error is vague as hell, could be anything hardware related only M$ knows exactly

The best fix for the 0102 error is just gettin the thing replaced. There's so many " home remedies" its hard 2 keep track off. I've tried em all and they do work but it all comes back down 2 how long, the mobo eventually craps out again. After the 4th or 5th heatgun you start sayin fcuk it. It doesn't help either that the 0102 error is vague as hell, could be anything hardware related only M$ knows exactly

zuhaib_s

• Archived User
Great Fix For 0102 Error
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

well yes there are  alot of ways. the thing is once you get it working make sure your cooling solution is god so that it dont overheat again maybe that way u wont face the problem again
yes cover the 360 and let it run till it shuts down itself, it only takes 5 minutes. worked for me. i think its the same thing as heat gun just this way u dont have to open ur casing

zainday

• Archived User
Great Fix For 0102 Error
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

I tried this and it actually worked to break out of the 3 light error codes that i was getting.......
heres a link to my original posted problems....
Dont know if how long this will work......but at least its doing SOMETHING! LOL
Got it to boot......got original disc working......ill report back if it it goes tits up....if not....problem solved for now.........
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=568575

Thanks for the advice!
Zainday