xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Intercooler's Cruel Irony  (Read 506 times)

alexfair

• Archived User
Intercooler's Cruel Irony
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

I had one as well, one day it fried my brand new powerstrip and killed the power strip for good. I returned the intercooler and got the fan stand.

Sgt_Yates

• Recovered User
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

Well Spoken Telekinesis.  I saw some fans at work just sitting around packaged with a power transformer (boxy plug-in thing). I will have to gank one of those, see what I can come up with. I too have experienced the whirring grindy fan noise on one of the 3 Intercooler fans. Other than that, I have had zero problems when I have had it installed. I do think bigger fans would be quieter and pull better air. If I can ge anything worth a damn, I will post it. I have needed an excuse to throw down some money for a better cooling answer. I have never had any red lights or hangs, or even opened my box. I have V 1 box too. In fact no one I personally know has had issues.

I love you XBOX 360  love.gif , I love your supple curves and smooth case.  blink.gif I will press your buttons and wipe you down every day, so that your body glistens in my shimmering lights. My digital tongue of entertainment   ohmy.gif  longs for the thought of one drop of pleasure spouting forth from your geyser-like teats of glorious gaming pleasure...and I'm spent !!     sleeping.gif

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sgt_Yates @ Nov 14 2006, 01:51 AM) View Post

I love your supple curves and smooth case.

ROFL "supple" -- You mean "subtle" man.

Tobias Redfield

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »

Happened to my system 3 months back, it fried so bad it was stuck on to the system and I had to implement tools to take it off and then sad to say the end result was it killed my xbox so recently I have bought a new one, I still have the pics of what it did to the system/fan on my cell, never really went to post about it cause at the time everyone was pro the fan no problems so I decided not to but seeing these pics...its the same type of damage so its pretty disgusting that nyko could ship out products like so...

CamaroGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2006, 12:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Nov 14 2006, 02:54 AM) View Post

I had my Intercooler for 5 months. I praised it as a product because it does a hell of a job!

I took it off a month ago because my launch-360 started having the 0102 three red lights of death. When I took it off, I noticed the exact same thing. That one in the picture looks 100% like mine! I never thought it was a big enough deal to make a news item out of, though.

When you put an adapter like that on your 360 then of course you will have issues like that because the 360 was NOT meant to have this device connected to it! So in a way it's not even the Intercooler's fault!

Even though my Intercooler still works, I don't use it anymore because when I noticed mine had this exact issue I got a little worried and didn't want to risk using the product anymore.
ROFL "supple" -- You mean "subtle" man.

i think he did mean supple as in

supple

adj 1: gracefully slender; moving and bending with ease

grimdeath

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(mortyblack @ Nov 12 2006, 11:11 PM) View Post

looks faked....  dry.gif

Trust me its not fake, I was the one who emailed both kotaku and Nyko about this what I did was make it usb powered now its working fine.

And this product would also have my xbox get the ring of death like once every month or so.

And BTW yes the fans have orange stickers.

Whats more dissapointing is that Nyko hasn't answered my email at all, I sent this to kotaku because it can be a serious fire hazard and wanted others to know and it seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

youloseagain

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

After I read this I took my intercooler off, took out the screws that cover the wiring, and snipped the wires for the fans. thus removing both the sockets that plug into the 360 and the power plug. Then i took a dremel, and cut out a hole for the power plug to go through. I had an old ac adapter laying around, spliced the fan wires to the adapter, and hooked it back up. No problem. Now i have to plug the cooler in seperately, but I don't have to worry about my 360 not getting enough juice. Or the socket melting. It does need an on off switch, i'll save that for another day.

That's the best solution imo. I never bought that thing personally because I didn't like that it shared the power connection. I just had a feeling that was a bad idea from day #1. I made my own solution, but there is no reason you can't simply modify something commercially available and make it better

Glad to see people still diy. Wallwarts / multimeters FTW. Its sad nowadays less and less people are learning to fix things. Its a good way to save money and be less reliant on companies.

Alex Atkin UK

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

I dont know why anyone is shocked about this.  I always figured ANY item connecting to the 360 in an unofficial manner is a BIG risk as the PSU is only designed to power the 360 and 3 USB ports.  The additional fans alone would take as much power as if all 3 USB ports as in use so then if someone were to use even 1 USB port you could be overloading the PSU or the wiring in the 360.  God forbid anyone using the Wifi adapter, Live Vision and a pad as well as the fans.

mikeqube

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

I picked one up about a month ago and got the red lights around my power button the first time I turned it on with it. When I disconnected it, the 360 powered up fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]