xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Back To Ms You Go  (Read 82 times)

mattest2542

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« on: October 08, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

I have been having a weird experience with my 360. When ever I press the guide button or anything pertaining to the guide button it just give me a message saying the xbox guide is not available in demo mode, even when I'm in the dashboard, online,etc.

sq24

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

HMM  a system reset will do the trick. Goto your local hardware store and for 20 bucks you can pick up a 20 buck resetting tool. I like the 8 lb sledge hammer reboot button. It will work out all M$ bugs in a second flat.
Man you think for 400 bucks by now they would have everything work out

j3y q

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

maybe try the intial setup option ? just an idea better than the stupid 8lbs sledge hammer

mattest2542

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(j3y q @ Oct 9 2006, 02:26 AM) *

maybe try the intial setup option ? just an idea better than the stupid 8lbs sledge hammer

I have tried everything and I do mean everything(besides damaging it with an 8lbs sledge hammer) and it does it without the harddrive so they think it's an internal issue. I have cleared the cache, reset it to factory settings, done everything in my power and the customer services power to fix the issue.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »

You sure you dont want to try the sledge hammer? Lol it works on all the other consoles (mainly PS2s)

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 01:09:00 AM »

I would really like to see this error.  Can you provide pictures?

RDC

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »

This guy had the same issue, dunno if you have yours connected thru a KVM switch like he does or what though.

http://forums.xbox.com/7106324/ShowPost.aspx

Zippy84

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

It has nothing to do with a KVM switch (I have one 360 running through mine). The only time I have seen this message is when you are running a Kiosk Demo Disc. The Discs that they have in local stores (Meijer/ Wal-Mart/ ect....) say the exact same thing. Sounds fishy to me....... Did you "accidentally" put a demo disc in "your" console then thats your problem......

It has nothing to do with a KVM switch (I have one 360 running through mine). The only time I have seen this message is when you are running a Kiosk Demo Disc. The Discs that they have in local stores (Meijer/ Wal-Mart/ ect....) say the exact same thing. Sounds fishy to me....... Did you "accidentally" put a demo disc in "your" console then thats your problem......

RDC

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zippy84 @ Oct 9 2006, 11:59 AM) *

Are you using the Belkin Flip switch also?

This post has been edited by RDC: Oct 9 2006, 06:03 PM

Sgt_Yates

• Recovered User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

I would try either doing the dash update again, if there is a way. Or maybe this burn-it-yourself backwards compatability update. Maybe wither one of those will fix it. Both are legit options from MS.

Maybe format your HDD, and then re-run one of your newest games. maybe that will fix it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2...-autoupdate.htm

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardsc...ty.htm#download

Sucks if you cant play in the mean time... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

mattest2542

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(RDC @ Oct 9 2006, 05:30 PM) *

Are you using the Belkin Flip switch also?

OMG that is so weird because I am. Well, I guess it was pointless for me to exchange it. I never even looked at that as being a possibility to cause problems since it just transmits an image from one source to another.

This post has been edited by mattest2542: Oct 9 2006, 09:59 PM

RDC

• Archived User
Back To Ms You Go
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(mattest2542 @ Oct 9 2006, 04:12 PM) *

OMG that is so weird because I am. Well, I guess it was pointless for me to exchange it. I never even looked at that as being a possibility to cause problems since it just transmits an image from one source to another.

At least now you can see if the new one does it as well. if ya have the same problem you'll know for sure it's the Belkin doing it.