xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Sample: Xecuter X360 USB  (Read 428 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Sample: Xecuter X360 USB
« on: September 26, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | September 27 00:28 EST

We got a sample of the highly anticipated Team Xecuter X360 USB kit (buy now: USA/CA|EU|UK). Our sample is final and online shops are getting stock as we speak.
This adapter allows you to connect the Xbox360 HD and Xbox360 Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L DVD-drive to the USB port on your PC. Expect a full review soon, but here are some high-res pictures of the sample already.

Here are pictures (click images for high-res) of the complete kit that comes in a great looking retail package. Everything you need to connect your Xbox 360 HD and DVD (HLG only for USB and mode-b!) is included: SATA cable, DVD power/eject cable, USB A to mini-A, SATA-to-USB adapter, Xecuter Connectivity Kit v2 (HDD and ODD adapter):

Official Description:

World's First Xbox 360 HDD, DVD** & ANY SATA Hard Disk to USB Converter All-In-One. You can now connect your Xbox 360 HDD & DVD(**) to USB on your PC. You can also connect ANY SATA Hard Drive. The X360 USB is a "plug and play" device that is easily recognized by Windows. The X360 USB supports USB 2.0 for super fast file transfer with speeds up to 480 mbps.
(**) HITACHI-LG GDR-3120L ONLY

Features:
* Backup HDD Game Saves:
Back up all your Xbox 360 HDD Game Saves and media files onto your PC with ease and comfort. Utilize your Xbox 360 Hard Disc storage space to the max by transferring files onto your PC.
* Update DVD Firmware:
You can now read and write to your DVD drives firmware chip. Get the latest updates to keep your drive running at its peak performance, no more SATA frustrations and incompatibilities. Compatible with all programs such as Birdy & Garyopa
* Portable:
X360 USB does not require the XBOX to be powered while in use. You can detach the Xbox 360 HDD & DVD and connect directly to your USB port (DVD Powered by Xecuter 360 Connectivity Kit). The X360 USB is the first and only device in the world that converts both the Xbox 360 HDD & DVD to USB
* No Sata?, No Problem!
Will also work for ANY Sata hard drives to use them on your PC if it lacks Sata ports, or no ports are available.
* Extremely Compact:
Can be easily hidden away behind your computer.
* Clearly Visible LED's:
Power, Activity, and Status LED's clearly visible on top of the unit.
* SS Dumper:
Dump X360 Disc SS's with appropriate firmware flashed DVD's.
* All Cables Included:
We also provide a high quality USB & SATA cable.
* Also included, the new Connectivity Kit v2:
NEW: Power On/Off for ease of hotswapping
NEW: PCB Design eliminating risk of shorts
NEW: Cool LED Design (Why? who cares - it looks cool)
NEW: Better connectors to eliminate risk of cable damage
All the standard Modeb / Eject Features are still there of course.
We are also STILL throwing in the 360 HDD adapter for FREE!

Here are pictures of the SATA to USB adapter ... this wouldn't be x-scene if we didn't also open the device to see what's inside ;) PCB is custom made and seems to have a good build-quality:

More Pictures:
* Connectivity Kit v2 ODD Adapter Top: low-res | high-res
* Connectivity Kit v2 ODD Adapter Bottom: low-res | high-res
* Connectivity Kit v2 HDD Adapter Top: low-res | high-res
* Connectivity Kit v2 HDD Adapter Bottom: low-res | high-res

Official Site: http://www.team-xecuter.com/x360usb/
Buy X360 USB Now (50usd/45eur/30gbp): divineo.com | mrmodchips.co.uk | shopneo.co.uk

pablot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

neat.. but wasn't one of the main fetures that the firmware of the adapter it self could be uptdated to allow the future samsung support that they are working on? Don't see it in the feature list so I'm guessing it's not supported...

/pablot

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

a little tooo pricey for me
i think me and my sammy are goin to stick to the old way of doing things
good for ppl who have been having troubles with there Hitachi drives
but still seems like alot of money

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

Nice development on this product and has a very appealing design. However, I just cant see a whole lot of ppl spending $50 on this unless all you do is go to peoples houses and flash FW's alot. They could cut some costs by eliminating the "fancy schmancy" LED's and focus more on a lower price point.

This post has been edited by gerzand: Sep 27 2006, 05:26 AM

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »

so true
ive only flashed my drive once
and the next time ill flash it is when i flash it back to the orginal

Tha

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

nice but very expensive is my opinion,
will buy when it gets cheaper & support for a sammy

wertyxhts

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »

if I were to buy this to update my dvd firmware, would I need to open my 360? and how can i check if my dvd drive is compatiable with this product?

bertiedugger

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 12:47:00 AM »

This product does give novice people with Hitachi a chance to flash their own drive without the risk of unhooking everything and finding they have incompatible hardware. It also means there is no chance of frying your xbox doesnt it ?

So to get this straight I would basically need this kit, a copy of Gary OPA to flash my Hitachi right ? Nothing more nothing less ?

Another question would be with this kit, do you still have to do the wire trick or will this kit put the drive into mode B ?

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 01:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(wertyxhts @ Sep 27 2006, 07:19 AM) View Post

if I were to buy this to update my dvd firmware, would I need to open my 360? and how can i check if my dvd drive is compatiable with this product?

No. You can work out compatiblity just by ejecting the tray on your 360. Different manufacturers have different looking CD trays.

http://www.llamma.co..._Comparison.htm

QUOTE(bertiedugger @ Sep 27 2006, 07:54 AM) View Post
Another question would be with this kit, do you still have to do the wire trick or will this kit put the drive into mode B ?
There is a button on the connectivity kit to put Hitachi drives into mode B

zoltari

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

Just got mine today and have been playing - flashed my Hitachi without any problems...

It's definately slower that doing it via SATA, but it works, and it means (with an external power supply for the DVD) that you can use a laptop, which is handy; shame it can't power the DVD from the USB too, but that would be asking too much I think.

One thing I don't like is the super bright blue led cluster on the Xecuter v2 connection kit - I don't need to be blinded every time I connect the damn thing, thanks all the same. The Mode B and Eject switches are a bit weird too, the are puch and lock switches rather than push to connect - so they stay down and down activate till you press them a second time to release them, which is just bizarre.

Anyway, it's a nice little unit and you get all the cables - as I say, it's a shame you still need to use the connection kit too (to change to mode b, eject etc).

One great thing is it now has a power switch on the connectivity kit, so you can flash MS28 version of the Sammy without yanking the power cable out for 10 seconds... now if only you could use USB to flash the Sammy too, that would be really useful. Maybe next release?

bissmo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »

so how did you power the dvd im asking because ill be using a laptop to do mine did you just use the xbox to power it if so what do you do about the floating ground point thanks...

iPwn

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

I have flashed 18 xbox 360s, and rising, i think ill stick to what i'm doing right now.  pop.gif looks like a excellent tool for those in need of sata in general, or external.  love.gif

EDIT: the dude above me, you can use your xbox 360s power, but that is inconvient. So if you want this tool, and your external power, try this, i own this, its excellent. It gives external power, and also has a tool for external sata/ide/laptop ide to USB2. Hope this helps broHERE pop.gif

wertyxhts

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 03:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(alexh @ Sep 27 2006, 12:35 AM) View Post

No. You can work out compatiblity just by ejecting the tray on your 360. Different manufacturers have different looking CD trays.

http://www.llamma.co..._Comparison.htm

okay..thanks a lot. So this product doesn't require no opening of the 360(sorry, just making sure)? So I can use the included items in the package to update my dvd firmware?

bissmo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 03:46:00 AM »

so will the xbox and laptop nead to conected with some sort of grounding lead to stop any shorts

PommeGranny

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

Does the hard drive box need to be opened in order to use the kit, or can I plug it directly with the HDD case on ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5