xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3 Weeks, Got The 360 Back And Now It Freezes Up  (Read 49 times)

itznin

• Archived User
3 Weeks, Got The 360 Back And Now It Freezes Up
« on: August 27, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »

I shipped my 360 out for service, it took 3 weeks total but I finally got it back...

I've been playing Madden and now it freezes more and more each day. You hear it trying to read the Disc and click a few times and then I get the error "This disc is unreadable" and have to turn it off.

It's under warranty but I really don't want to send it back and wait 3 weeks again, this is painful.

CAMOUFLAG3 TICK

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 01:51:00 AM »

very interesting. I just did the reheat of the mother board a few days ago and got it to read 2 red lights with the error code 0011. which is an overheating code. So I replaced the thermal compound with the arctic silver and it worked no red lights. I found out that it would only work for about 5 min and then it would over heat again. So I set it under my room fan and its worked fine for several hours at a time until now. While playing the superstar mode during practice it froze up still giving green lights no errors. So I turned it off and let it set for about 5 min. until the heat sincs felt cool and turned it back on. Then it froze at the main menu for madden. Its been working for about 8 hours up until now. Usually 2 hours on with some rest and then some more play time. The fan has really been keeping it kool. I can't for the life of me tell what is wrong. There are no red lights whats the deal.

(IMG:http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/camouflag3tick/IMAG0001.jpg)

This post has been edited by CAMOUFLAG3 TICK: Aug 28 2006, 08:58 AM

jordash

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:00:00 AM »

Now thats a mod!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

CAMOUFLAG3 TICK

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

ok guys after about 10 hours of game time Its safe to say that madden isn't the cause. My system has gone back to the 0102 error. So I guess I need to reheat everything and do it again. any ideas here? I've already done the reheat once. It got back to 2 red lights. Then I replaced the thermal compound which got me back to playable no red lights. Then I added the Fan in the picture above and its worked for about 10 hours until now.  Now i'm back to 3 red lights with the 0102. Any suggesstions?