xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wireless Controller Issue  (Read 14 times)

jgalty

• Archived User
Wireless Controller Issue
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:57:00 AM »

Okay i only seem to have this issue while playing Ghost Recon and only in Multiplayer or maybe i just didn't notice anywhere else. Anyways.  I find my wirless controller gest disconnected and ask me to reconnect it all the time.  I've tried new batteries so that's not the issue and i've also tried my other controller and it does the same thing.  

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas or if anyone else has experienced this. Any help would be great. Thanks

Potato_salad

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

Check that little "pip" that presses the little metal button on the battery-pack. If its rubbed down then thats your problem.

jgalty

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

That's a good idea but it's fine and both controllers disconnect. Any other ideas

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

a bug maybe?

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »

What? a Micro$oft product with a bug in it? You don't say...

Check the room for any other source of interferance (cordless phone, microwave oven, atomic weapons, alien spacecraft, etc)

Also if the 360 is in an entertainment cabinet, and the cabinet is metal, it may block the signal.

Other than that, if it does it with multiple controllers, and its not the batteries, it may be an issue with the ring of light board.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 06:03:00 AM »

yeah if you have a 2.4Ghz cordless phone or other near by device it could very easily screw up your controller...

I don't have this problem at my place, but I also went out of my way to get 900Mhz phones, Bringing my 360 to my brothers place I experienced a similar problem you did, but it only happened when the phone rang. also their phones knocked out the WiFi network whenever they rang too... really quite annoying.