xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61

Author Topic: FAQ: Xbox 360 Error Codes Explained  (Read 4255 times)

mzenone

• Archived User
FAQ: Xbox 360 Error Codes Explained
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

0021 seems to be an AV error.

I thought it may be overheating, but everything was cool.... So I kept on playing the same part and roughly time that it would happen.....The I tried reseating the AV cable and it hasnt started since....

Avaric3

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »

one time i got a error 69, righ after i cracked opened my system and painted it, i almost cried, ok i did, than i removed the hard drive and all was betta, lol

Darkshot1

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

I'm getting the 3 red lights, and the error code is 0102, and I have no idea what's wrong.  It gave me this error before, and would not turn on, but somehow fixed itself (only thing i did was plug in my mp3 player to it, but thats most likely unrelated.)

Now its doing it again and its not turning on at all.  I guess i got lucky last time.  It hasn't even been used for about 4 hours, and it wasn't any rigorous playing, so its not overheating.  I just decided to turn it on and it did this.  It also froze up earlier during Perfect Dark, might be related.

It says on this thread that 0102 is an unknown error... anyone know?

lateralus11235

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

Thanks for the error code trick!  0102 here.  I would assume it has something to do with the display adapter because I get no signal to my VGA monitor when it boots.  I can boot it from a wireless controller but always get the three rings of death.

Now, if the rings were blue this would be similar to the blue screen of death, but I guess red is more fitting.

I'm disappointed by their return policy.  5-8 business days for an empty box to arrive.  x days to ship my console back and they fix it.  5-8 days for return delivery.  I'm guessing 2-4 weeks without a functional xbox.  Considering I bought 4 games, an extra wireless controller, the battery charger for the wireless controllers, a composite to VGA adapter and the wireless add-on, my (close to) $1000 CDN expenditure kinda sucks.  I've played the console for less than 20 hours and I've only had it for 2 weeks.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if this is heat related.  The console fans in any game are full-blast the whole time.  I hard read about this and I have 2 feet clearance any every side of the console, and the power supply is a foot away from everything.  

Perhaps being first to market isn't all that great a thing...

Rufus Patrol

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

I'm getting the 0102 error as well.
There are 2 possible causes that I think would be a factor for this error for me.  I opened my 360 and changed my ring of light LEDs to blue, and red for the error.  This was about a month ago.  I couldn't restrain myself from pulling the heat-sinks off the processors, though.  

Ever since that, the fans seemed to be at full blast and I'd get those annoying artifacts on Halo 2.  So I figured it was overheating because I'd muffed up the heat stuff that goes between the processors and the heat-sink.  (my console has tons of breathing room, is open on the front and sides, with tons of space behind it to vent.)

I opened it up again and re-did the heat-sinks, and it returned to quiet as a mouse, and worked perfectly.  Then came the Halo 2 live updates (about a week or so ago, April-5-2006 ish)  There were 2 updates within a couple days.

After the 2nd update, Every time I'd enter a MM game, the whole screen would pixel and freeze, and my speakers would make a horrible buzzing sound.  This repeated about 5 times, so I deleted all H2 content from my HDD, and downloaded the updates again.

During the updates it froze (without the pixelizing or noise) and when I reset it It would freeze & pixel during the bios introduction.  Some times it would load the Dash and I once got E79 (I think?) with no hdd connected.  If its connected I get nothing.

Now I can't get any video, and I getting code 0102.  M$ won't help because I opened my box.

I think the 0102 code is a fried video processor, or possibly problem with the bios.  An interuption of the H2 update is a possible cause, but I don't see how that could be a factor when my HDD is disconnected.

This post has been edited by Rufus Patrol: Apr 16 2006, 12:36 AM

Ramstar

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rufus Patrol @ Apr 16 2006, 12:36 AM) View Post

I'm getting the 0102 error as well.
There are 2 possible causes that I think would be a factor for this error for me.  I opened my 360 and changed my ring of light LEDs to blue, and red for the error.  This was about a month ago.  I couldn't restrain myself from pulling the heat-sinks off the processors, though.  

Ever since that, the fans seemed to be at full blast and I'd get those annoying artifacts on Halo 2.  So I figured it was overheating because I'd muffed up the heat stuff that goes between the processors and the heat-sink.  (my console has tons of breathing room, is open on the front and sides, with tons of space behind it to vent.)

I opened it up again and re-did the heat-sinks, and it returned to quiet as a mouse, and worked perfectly.  Then came the Halo 2 live updates (about a week or so ago, April-5-2006 ish)  There were 2 updates within a couple days.

After the 2nd update, Every time I'd enter a MM game, the whole screen would pixel and freeze, and my speakers would make a horrible buzzing sound.  This repeated about 5 times, so I deleted all H2 content from my HDD, and downloaded the updates again.

During the updates it froze (without the pixelizing or noise) and when I reset it It would freeze & pixel during the bios introduction.  Some times it would load the Dash and I once got E79 (I think?) with no hdd connected.  If its connected I get nothing.

Now I can't get any video, and I getting code 0102.  M$ won't help because I opened my box.

I think the 0102 code is a fried video processor, or possibly problem with the bios.  An interuption of the H2 update is a possible cause, but I don't see how that could be a factor when my HDD is disconnected.

I really dont think that your modding of the xbox has anything to do with it...MS are just bein queer. A lot of people are having the same problem like ......me...i get the 3 sector red lights aside from the 4th quad. Iv had the 360 since uk launch day (2nd dec), and it frooze like a few days ago...Then started working ok again after i tried a few things...ie...fan/moving it/smacking it/changing av cables and every thinkable other thing...
Then it died completely and new i only get 3 lights all the time as opposed to being able to play for a bit and then .........FREEZE!!!! thats the most annoying one though!!

I think the answer is simple in that MS had only done batch testing....which is normal still blows!!

I feel anyone who is having constant freezing issues should be prepared to be a bit bummed...coz it WILL eventually freeze up completely...giving u no option but to send them back.

Called MS, they are gona send me a 'sticker'...in the uk we have to provide our own boxes!!!!!!bull!! 10-14 days the idiots said!!!

Oh another thing!!!- customer support try to act as though they dont have that many calls concerning this...'we sell millions and only a insignificant minority have come back'... uhh.gif

rsintx

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

So is anyone trying to reproduce some of these errors to find out whats is causing them??
I just started working on them so I havent had time to figure them out yet.  Of the 65 or so I have looked at
these are the errors I have had.  I dont have any thermal compound atm so I havent worked with the over heating issues.  

0011: 1
0020: 1
0022: 1
0102: 4
0103: 1
0110: 4
1003 (#67): 1
1022 (#74): 1

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

I don't think anyone is actively working on it, but if you figure any of them out let me know and I'll ad them to the list.

The error codes up there now where either gathered by me from the MS Xbox help pages (I'm pretty sure I got everything listed there), or submitted to me by members who had found the meaning of the code by talking to MS tech support.

Link1121

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

I keep getting an E-71 error its so freekin frusterating mad.gif  

Link1121

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

whats a 1413 error

Nix16

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

THREE LIGHTS OF DOOM CODE:0102

I got the biggest problem of all you guys...I went on holiday to Greece and I bought the Xbox360,Tomb raider Legend and Fifa 2006 road to world cup with an extra controller I could'nt wait to get back to South-Africa and play my new 360.

When I got back to South-Africa I immediatly started up my 360 and started a game of Tomb raider after which I played Fifa...suddenly in the middle of the game the picture started snowing which I thought it might be the cables not propely inserted I restarted my 360 with the cables re-inserted and there it was...3 RED LIGHTS OF DOOM!

I then contacted MS South-Africa and they just told me they cant help me(this product is not sold in S.A.)...what disturbs me the most is the fact that it is a MS product and they dont even want to help me grr.gif

Now I might have to ship my 360 all the way to Europe from South-Africa

sicXness

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

great....I got 0022, unknown. *sigh* Anyone know if I have to register thru M$ before they will let me send it to them? Also, will they do anything if I have no warrenty? I have never tampered with it.

Link1121

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

Ive also gotten a 0022 error

vERdugox

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

Hey, i got a "0020" error... and my xb360 never snapped out of it... so its in the repair center right now

the thing is.. im pretty sure its "GPU OverHeating or Fault" which means.... or you´re frying your XBOX GPU or you´ve already Fried it up.

Why i say that?

ok, my xbox started at some point to freeze from time to time with these funny colors (pink and brown and stuff like that) in square shapes, some times just freezed some times with the colors..., the day my xbox decided to let me without the joy of playing my "just bought call of duty 2", it was freezing over and over again and gave me these colors even working... so, for me, theres no doubt, its the GPU.

BTW, i didnt even played my first bought game for the first time... imagine my rage...

PD. sorry for my bad english.. not very good at it.

Hope this helps somehow anyone... and i reccomend anyone who gets these errors or symptoms to get their consoles to the M$ repair center

Atte.

vERdugox

chocolatecheese

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

I have a question. I will be getting a 360 at the end of the month. Are the problems that plagued launch still existant with the consoles in stores at the moment?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61