xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Code 67?  (Read 96 times)

muffkutz

• Archived User
Error Code 67?
« on: November 28, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

Has anybody heard of or is there hard drive not working??

modojojo

• Archived User
Error Code 67?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(muffkutz @ Nov 29 2005, 05:45 AM) *

Has anybody heard of or is there hard drive not working??

Search the threads In this forum, your error has happen to some. I'll save you some time. E67 means your hard drive died. Symptoms 360 logo boots up for several seconds, your wireless controlers don't connect and then you get a lower right red light quarter circle around the console power button with a screen message saying to contact MS In multiple languages. Just call Ms they will send you one If they have them In stock. If not you'll just have to keep calling until they have them In.

You can still play your 360, make sure console Is off then disconnect the hard drive. Go out and buy a memory card until MS send's you a replacement HD.

This post has been edited by modojojo: Nov 29 2005, 01:00 PM

skitzofraen

• Archived User
Error Code 67?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 06:07:00 AM »

I got the E 67 error code this morning, but my hdd did NOT die....after I restarted the 360 the error codes was gone!! I can still load my save games and my live arcade games + load my xbox live profil....so I doubt the 67 error has anything to do with the harddrive

MSi

• Archived User
Error Code 67?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(skitzofraen @ Dec 7 2005, 12:38 PM) View Post

I got the E 67 error code this morning, but my hdd did NOT die....after I restarted the 360 the error codes was gone!! I can still load my save games and my live arcade games + load my xbox live profil....so I doubt the 67 error has anything to do with the harddrive

It seems the 360 is pretty quick to give error messages... if the hard drive doesn't respond as it should on bootup, it gives an error message.  This could simply be because the 360 doesn't give it time to spin up, who knows.  Also, if it comes up with that error whenever it's cool, it's still a faulty hdd, I remember a pc hd i had that didn't work unless i had a fan sitting right by it.

Philgr

• Archived User
Error Code 67?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

Got the E 67 code this morning with a new core system and the hard drive I purchased.  Called MS and they want me to mail in the system and not the hard drive.  Said they will check the system and send back to me.  If still have problem I will then need to replace hard drive.  Anyone else gotten this response.

Philgr

• Archived User
Error Code 67?
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

Update to entry of yesterday.  Bought new hard drive and all works fine.  Must be a hard drive problem.