xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Bad Controller?  (Read 638 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Bad Controller?
« on: November 28, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »

any one else have a controller where the D-pad, if pushed right hits the plastic ring? its liek the button is to far to the right and doesnt allow the connection to be made... guess i gotta figure out how to return this.  other then that no probs!

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:36:00 AM »

Ya, i have the exact same problem with mine.  It a design flaw in all the controllers.  The plastic ring is too small to allow full movement of the d-pad.  Most will not even notice this until they play a game that requires the d-pad extensively.  I tried playing dead or alive 3, and couldn't do a double press left move, because it did not recognize the second pressing of the d-pad to the left; the left extension of the d-pad kept on hitting the plastic ring, thereby not allowing it to initiate the move.

Asinine, ms.....

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »

FFS?

maxlifo

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Nov 29 2005, 05:19 PM) View Post

FFS?

"For F**Ks Sakes"

Just disappointed at hearing yet another problem.  I'm hopefully getting mine Friday 12AM so I'm a bit apprehensive.

DWells55

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

I noticed my D-Pad was also less responsive than the XBox 1 Controller S one...

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

I've noticed a problem with the right direction on the D-Pad not always registering... I haven't used the D-Pad in any games yet, just text entry, but it seems to be a problem on both of my wireless controllers and the wired controller I have  dry.gif

right now it doesn't bother me at all but it probably will once I'm playing DOA4  sad.gif

Who knows maybe it will loosen up.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

twisted, of you look really closely and compare between pressing left and right you see that the button actually hits the plastic ring on the controller not allowing a connection, only pressing right on mine, if i press left it still has like half a milimeter to the ring. if it loosens up it might only get worse.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

oh I realize it's hitting the pastic, if you look straight at it you can see it's off center...

I ment loosen up as in wear down the plastic hit's hitting  laugh.gif

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »

Yeah my wireless controllers "click" when pressing the D-pad all the way LEFT and one is worse that the other.

Hey Rufus Patrol are you using the battery pack? I think some of them do this. I am getting rid of mine and using rechargable batteries.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »

It seems that the only resolve for this is to manually widen the top hole that sits over the d-pad.  I'm going to do this by sanding it with an orbital bit on a drill press.  This should solve the problem, unless i screw it up. sad.gif

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 04:46:00 AM »

Looks like M$ needs some tighter quality control on their controller boards

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »

I don't think it's the controller boards so much as it's probably the connection between the D-Pad and the shell..

The real question is what's wrong? the D-Pad or the Shell?

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

some boss, some where, at some point soon is going to be very sad they hired the man with the googley eye.

IPB Image

ikecomp

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

I also noticed that  when I use my wireless controller it does not always respond, especially when writing
text. But my wired controller works perfectly fine. If this keeps up, I might trade in my wireless controller for another wired one

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad Controller?
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Nov 30 2005, 05:34 AM) View Post

I don't think it's the controller boards so much as it's probably the connection between the D-Pad and the shell..

The real question is what's wrong? the D-Pad or the Shell?

almost positive it's the shell, because you can force the d-pad in the opposite direction i was hitting the shell in, and instead of it hitting the shell in the previous direction, it now hits it in the new direction you forced it to.  I can hear it contact the shell, which in return doesn't enable it to fully contact the pcb board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5