xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: 360 Wireless Controller Green Light Won't Turn Off  (Read 556 times)

Bennett

• Archived User
360 Wireless Controller Green Light Won't Turn Off
« on: November 25, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

Has anyone noticed an issue with a wireless controller not shutting off?  On 1 of my wireless controlles I can't get the light around the guide button to shut off...it dims but not off.  I currerntly have 2 controllers and play and chage with 2 rechargable battery's.  On 1 controller everything works fine and shutsdown when I hold the guide button and choose "shutdown controller", however on the other controller it just dims and stays lit for every (2 days now).

Currious if I should contact MS and see if it's an issue or maybe I'm just missing something.

thanks!

viet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »

lol that sucks.. they should just turn off when u select shut down controller

Dipset_Juelz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

thats weird, mine turns off. but if i turn the controller on and the xbox is unplugged or is too far away it will light up and blink for like 10 min. i just usually pop the battery off and replug it back up

CeeJaySFII

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

I have the same problem with one of my two controllers.  I have two rechargable battery packs and one charger.  I'm wondering if having both use the same charger is what causes the problem, doesn't make much sense but other than that it beats me.  I even took the controller and battery pack back and exchanged them and the the problem still occured with the new ones.  If i use regular batteries the light shuts off and if i put the recharge battery pack in after I've used reg. batteries the light will stay off but as soon as you power up the controller and power it down again the light stays on.  If anyone finds a solution to this problem, please share the info.

This post has been edited by CeeJaySFII: Nov 26 2005, 01:48 AM

Bennett

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(CeeJaySFII @ Nov 26 2005, 01:19 AM) View Post

I have the same problem with one of my two controllers.  I have two rechargable battery packs and one charger.  I'm wondering if having both use the same charger is what causes the problem, doesn't make much sense but other than that it beats me.  I even took the controller and battery pack back and exchanged them and the the problem still occured with the new ones.  If i use regular batteries the light shuts off and if i put the recharge battery pack in after I've used reg. batteries the light will stay off but as soon as you power up the controller and power it down again the light stays on.  If anyone finds a solution to this problem, please share the info.

I wish they had better doccumentation on the wireless controllers and everything else released.  I can't figure it out though.

Anyways if anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

-Thanks

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 03:07:00 AM »

Same problem here. I think this has something to do with the play and charge battery pack. It is always the #2 light also. I switched controllers and I havend noticed it since. I wonder it it is some inicator or something.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »

if it's charging the light will stay on to let you know it's charging.

if it's wireless and not plugged in then simply shut off the controller and or console by holding down the guide button

BTW... this is in the sticky FAQ  rolleyes.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=461677

Bennett

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Nov 26 2005, 06:22 PM) *

if it's wireless and not plugged in then simply shut off the controller and or console by holding down the guide button
BTW... this is in the sticky FAQ  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=461677

The problem isn't getting the controller to shut off, its not being able to get the guide light off...or the controller to show a charge light.  I never see a green or red light while the charger is on, it appears to be a rechargable battery issue though.

Anrchy011

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Nov 26 2005, 07:22 PM) View Post

theres the answer you were looking for if your charging the light stays on even if the controller is powered off

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

The same thing happens with me!  I know exactly what you guys are talking about.  After turning off my console, the ring of light on the guide button stays very dim but still on.  I don't think its really draining the battery since my battery is still strong, so I'm not really stressing it.  And for those who keep saying its supposed to be on while charging, we aren't talking about while its charging, we are saying after playing and turning the xbox off with the controller completely unattached the lights stay on.  I wouldn't really stress it.  And yes I'm using the play and charge battery.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ Nov 26 2005, 01:42 PM) View Post

The same thing happens with me!  I know exactly what you guys are talking about.  After turning off my console, the ring of light on the guide button stays very dim but still on.  I don't think its really draining the battery since my battery is still strong, so I'm not really stressing it.  And for those who keep saying its supposed to be on while charging, we aren't talking about while its charging, we are saying after playing and turning the xbox off with the controller completely unattached the lights stay on.  I wouldn't really stress it.  And yes I'm using the play and charge battery.

How are you turning off your console?

are you pushing the power button or through the Xbox Guide via the Controller?

CeeJaySFII

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »

I've turned it off both ways and the light still won't turn off.  I did figure out a way to get the light to turn off though.  You turn off the 360 through the controller, (my controller flashes before it constantly displays dim light in its off state) after the controller flashes pop off the battery pack so the contacts are not touching wait 1-2 seconds then pop it back on.  The light will then stay off.  It is the only solution I've found but at last the damn thing stays off.  If anyone know of a not so ghetto fix please share.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

Yeah this is a problem with the play and charge battery pack. One or all of the lights around the guide button come on randomly after the system is off but are only dimly lit.

It is cool that you can charge the battery while the console is off though.

footballforever

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(icantstandtoburntolong @ Nov 27 2005, 09:22 AM) *

Yeah this is a problem with the play and charge battery pack. One or all of the lights around the guide button come on randomly after the system is off but are only dimly lit.

It is cool that you can charge the battery while the console is off though.

you can't charge the battery with the console off, so what are you saying.

Bennett

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(footballforever @ Nov 27 2005, 04:52 PM) View Post

you can't charge the battery with the console off, so what are you saying.

You actually can charge while the system is off, all you have to do is plug in the controller, power on the 360, wait till the red light comes on the charger then power down the 360 by pressing the power button on the 360 once.  You'll notice that the red light on the controller stays on and you'll hear a faint fan running on the 360.  I have actually done this and watched tv until the charger went green and turned off.

Before I get flammed, YES I AM SURE THE XBOX WAS OFF.

+edit+
I just checked to make sure I wasn't crazy and It's charging Right now while the xbox IS OFF.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5