xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pgr 3 In 360 Gives Put In 360 Screen  (Read 48 times)

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
Pgr 3 In 360 Gives Put In 360 Screen
« on: November 25, 2005, 02:07:00 AM »

i have a 360 (premium) and i keep it vertical.  sometimes when i put in PGR3 it plays the message saying to play this game i need to put it in a xbox 360.  i then put it horizantal, resinsert the game and then it works (most of the time) and i tilt it back and all is well.   i was just wondering if anyonelse has had similar problems?

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 05:16:00 AM »

This has happened to me with both PGR3 and PDZ.  My console is kept horizontal.  I've got a few quick questions for you.  

- Is your game disc warm when you remove it after getting that error?

- Have you found that it works again after the 360 sits off for a few minutes?

- Have you ever gotten that error while the unit is cold...been turned off for an hour or more?

Try setting your unit on top of something so that it gets air flow to the vents that are on the bottom (side if going vertical).  So far this may be working for me.

ramairIV71

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

I have the same problem, I HAVE to keep mine vertical and my discs are very warm when I take them out, I bought PGR3 and rented Gun, John Madden, PDZ, Call of Duty, and Amped 3 and it happens anytime it has been on for more than an hour or two. I put a small desk fan in front of  my console today and it seems to help.

Not too bad for $400.....  grr.gif