xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Connect The 2nd Aa To Battery Pack  (Read 75 times)

Pomp

• Archived User
How To Connect The 2nd Aa To Battery Pack
« on: November 22, 2005, 03:57:00 AM »

Is anybody having problems with their wireless controller not turning on? We got home and it wouldn't turn on.. Turns out there is only one battery terminal in the battery pack.. nice.
The small metal part on the outside of the battery pack is pressed in when connected to the controller, connecting the two battery terminals and completing the circuit. Since our controller only had one terminal, no circuit was made.

1) Find your trusty roll of aluminum foil and tear off a small portion to fold into a rectangle.
2) Place it so it will touch the bottom of the battery and the bridge in the center.
3) Carefully place the battery into the pack so you don't displace the foil, and attach it to the controller.
4) Press the power button.. Hooray, your new 400 dollar Xbox360 is no longer worthless!

Paronga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:01:00 AM »

Taking it back and getting a new one, i doubt anyone's going to have stock in for a while, and if the foil does do damage, just take it out then get it under warrenty, who acn prove you had foil there?

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »

oh game stores will have the controllers. No one has their consoles yet to buy the controllers yet. Take advantage of it now.

dawtcalm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pomp @ Nov 22 2005, 06:04 AM)
Is anybody having problems with their wireless controller not turning on? We got home and it wouldn't turn on.. Turns out there is only one battery terminal in the battery pack.. nice.

I have the same problem with BOTH my controllers, luckily I bought the play-charge kit, the only way I figured out how to fix the problem was keeping the batter back in the ctrlr, plugging in the play/charge kit for a 2nd and then unconnecting again, once the ctrlr got power it continued to work with the batteries!?
BOTH my controllers have the same issue, tested the batteries and they were fine, I'll try your fix and see if that's the issue with mine too!