xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Hardware Disassembled and Analyzed  (Read 781 times)

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Hardware Disassembled and Analyzed
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

your right and my mom is saying no to my wanting of the ver 1.0 i always get my games the first year

only dumbys and playstation fans end up with an xbox when a new system is fixin to launch when thier systems failed them

like all of my friends for instance i felt like the onl black kid in 2001 to have an xbox everyone else had to have ps2 because thats all they knew well i grew up on sega and from saturn and dreamcast and some 64 i jumped to xbox and skipped sony thier hardware always breaks down like the first ps the drive went out and you had to flip it over to make it play a disc and they always come out with a new variant of the same system its not fair to others (i know xbox does inside hardware changes) but playstation always does a big console and then a mini and adds some dual shock stick you know what i mean

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(ksteiner @ Nov 16 2005, 04:21 PM)
Well some1 get in contact with bunnie and krazie and some other smart poeple and hackers and it can be craked..........

bunnie said that he is not going to work on hacking the Xbox360...

AbRASiON

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cog @ Nov 16 2005, 07:29 PM)
They failed to mention if they were able to put it back together and play it without it locking them out.

I noticed that, and in my opinion it's the most important bloody thing.
Some of these cases do have intrusion detection.

Sigh.

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »

You idiots owe me 4 forum pages worth of my life back.

pablot

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(hippo @ Nov 17 2005, 04:14 AM)
You idiots owe me 4 forum pages worth of my life back.

lol. Me too. Best coment on all these pages.

BoomDivX

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

Looks like ps2nfo is *once again* stealing info from other sources (here and anandtech) and make it their own ¬¬;;

Anyway, We just have to wait and see, I should have mine next week (35 pre-order on 62 xbox 360 shipment biggrin.gif)

scorpion303

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(794 @ Nov 17 2005, 02:19 AM)
..With all of the xbox hacks, no one has yet to come up with a consistent way to play Xbox Live on a modded xbox playing the game from the hard drive.  Sure, you can do it for a night - and then you are banned.  ..

Not completely true.. you'd better take a look in http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=451840

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

Aha Bunnie is probably working for ms now because he was the 1st guy to mod an xbox, he probly doesnt wanna risk his job omg well are there any more poeple that can help??

nickman

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(ksteiner @ Nov 17 2005, 04:14 PM)
Aha Bunnie is probably working for ms now because he was the 1st guy to mod an xbox, he probly doesnt wanna risk his job omg well are there any more poeple that can help??

http://www.xenatera.com/bunnie/proj/anatak/xboxnext_security.pdf

shakaru

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

Things you should know...
*4 CalTech students have been playing around with 2 devkits and now one retail box by removing the sheilding on the case with acid's.
*Dumps of the TSOP have been unsucessful apperently. I have not heard anything other than there are some problems. Trying to find out what they are as we speek.
*None of the hardware (dvd, hdd) works in a pc.
*The caltech team was 5 strong untill one sudent with a dubble bachalors degree claimed "This systems is to far advanced for the average user to break, and I doubt that anything we do here will be able to do more than tell us how it works but not how to make it how we want it to work."

LateraLex

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(794 @ Nov 16 2005, 08:19 PM)
I agree that MS may actually be partially supporting a modified Xbox 360.

It is true that MS took heavy losses on the original xbox console's hardware and the only profit was in the purchase of software.  However, after reading the recent analysis of the component and manufacturing cost of the Xbox 360, MS obviously learned from their mistakes and is making a profit on this device.

Right now, what is even more important to MS than profit is market share - especially vs Sony - and they have at least a several months' head start on the PS3.  MS needs to put consoles in the hands of as many people as possible before the release of the PS3 - thus the every10minutes competition and the Canadian counterpart.  MS has given away thousands of Xbox 360s in the hopes that people will play on their friends' unit and gotta have one too.  The alleged shortage of units on release day, whether true or false, still has created an even bigger desire to get a 360.

A strong revenue source for the MS entertainment division with the xbox has been Xbox Live.  Thus, the need for protection of their network has been paramount.  With all of the xbox hacks, no one has yet to come up with a consistent way to play Xbox Live on a modded xbox playing the game from the hard drive.  Sure, you can do it for a night - and then you are banned.  Xbox Live provides an unparalleled online gaming experience and also is a major source of continually renewable cash flow for MS with little overhead.

Sorry this post is long, but I suspect that MS, while of course wanting to truly protect their intellectual property from rampant piracy, may be partially "sleeping with the enemy" on allowing modding a 360.  Only time will tell.

As for me, I won't be buying a 360 until (1) a modchip comes out allowing me to play all media types/codecs or (2) Halo 3 comes out...whichever comes first.

Well said.

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(nickman @ Nov 17 2005, 06:46 PM)
http://www.xenatera.com/bunnie/proj/anatak/xboxnext_security.pdf

Bunnie is a genius omg why wont he help us?????
Well the guy is 30yrs old so i guess he works has a wife and kids......

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

To the guy who said you owe minutes of my life back LOL!  To true, and some guy is wondering who owns xbins    rotfl.gif    rotfl.gif   rotfl.gif   rotfl.gif   Welcome new members   beerchug.gif

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

No really what if ms actually owned xbins and actually wants us to mod it???

cctex823

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »

i think an interesting hole will open up when MS  starts releasing new emulators on their website.

Basic instructions are that you download the application, burn to cd and run on the 360. Is it just me or does that open up anthentication issues on how the DVD reads/checks media to determine whether or not to run it?

From what i've heard is that any Media structure hasn't been determined, but something like a burnable iso or such could give people a peek into how the 360 chooses what to run.

Just a thought.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5