xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Hardware Disassembled and Analyzed  (Read 780 times)

ksteiner

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Hardware Disassembled and Analyzed
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Arakon @ Nov 16 2005, 11:48 PM)
uhm.. no?
and devkits are not retail hardware, a modchip developed on dev hardware would be COMPLETELY useless on retail.

MS makes a loss with hardware, the only way they make money is with the software.

Umm well the mod chip people would get a clue on what to do and what the x360 is vulnerable to and everything that might help us mod it.

you think they only send the deb kits so the mod chip dudes will only play and look at it and say omg look that the nice thing. Well theres a purpose for everything and the mod chip people that got those debs might be making the chips right now and probly payed big bucks so they could get a 360 and make chips.

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

Strange heatsinks. The first one is small and the other one large. Maybe the DVD is a heatsink too...

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(ksteiner @ Nov 17 2005, 12:10 AM)
Well theres a purpose for everything and the mod chip people that got those debs might be making the chips right now.

Dream on... It's not cracked in just a few weeks and it will require highly skilled people (and they are not modchip makers...) You'll need someone like bunnie who cracked the first xbox (He's PhD in electrical engineering).

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

Well some1 get in contact with bunnie and krazie and some other smart poeple and hackers and it can be craked..........

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

:loudly: YEAH! get in contact with bunnie

uhm andavenger that big heat sink is water cooled its water inside that copper bar across the top

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »

For what is the push button in the bottom-left corner (next to the IR-led) on the PCB?

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

scifi thought when you close it and get on xbox live with it

heres what happens that big heatsinks houses a small nano size huminoid robot who waits till you close your xbox back and picks up a little green phone and phones the borgKing Bill gates and then trey himself tells him to press the button the self destruct button

and when you go to sleep thousands of backup bots jump out of the powers cords box and kick your @$$ and tag a green X inside our ear

(yeah i typed this cuz i was bored)

dang now oyu have me in wonder it could be the eject button for the drive though

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

Hahahaha

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(ksteiner @ Nov 16 2005, 06:10 PM)
Well theres a purpose for everything and the mod chip people that got those debs might be making the chips right now and probly payed big bucks so they could get a 360 and make chips.

How many times can you call it a deb kit? It's a fucking DEV kit.. you know for DEVELOPMENT. No MS did not (publicly atleast) send DEV kit's to anyone other than game makers.

---What the hell do I need a chip for?  Hynix Tsop anyone?

Maybe I am jsut dreaming but I see a tsop and an lpc or 2..  

<vent> and DAMMIT IT'S A MOTHER FUCKING DEV KIT </vent>

ksuhumpy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

Granted for my first post I may be in over my head, but I think we are looking at this the wrong way. The very first consideration M$ is going to have is to keep the scene from finding the same sorts of stuff it did in the current generation. If you all remember Bunnie's initial article we saw that M$ had so many errors in so little code. They more than quadrupled the time they spent on security with this incarnation of the xbox. So when we talk about getting bios's like the X3 to run on the 360 we are talking about using 1) an X86 architecture on a PowerPC core and 2) Getting the new drive interfaces with new bridges and all to understand each other. Good reverse engineering takes time. Now maybe an easier software hack will come (I doubt this in the immediate future since everything has an authentication hash), but more like people, with much more knowledge and experience than myself, are going to need to probe this thing and really find out when security code is being run, how its being run, and if there are any low-level exploits such as in the first box. I am only an undergrad student but these 1000+ bit hashes are extremely hard to break, and if its implemented fairly well (I would imagine  with 2+ years of time to do so it would be) its going to take time. For know, enjoy tinkering, but don't hold your breath for an exploit tomorrow.

Just my .02.

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

yeah but be careful while tinkering that littl green army will come out at night for revenge the other night i caught a picture of them in the barby section at wally world (walmart) they claim thier tank was being repair at the lego center around the BLOCK well anyway they posed for a picture and i took it see

user posted image

man its big sorry

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(EverestX @ Nov 16 2005, 10:58 PM)
---What the hell do I need a chip for?  Hynix Tsop anyone?

I see 2 LPCs, and a 4 way splittable TSOP!

This will be fun.  I'm not gunna be allowed to take it apart much though, it's becoming the media centre, and I'm only allowed to do what I must to get the most out of it.  That being, install a chip, flash a TSOP, or install a softmod (I wish).

Guess I'll have to save up and get one for myself!

Also, I want my self one of those XEDKs.  What I don't understand is how the dev kits could play Halo 2 without drivers (perhaps this emulator driver stuff is bullshit, and it's simply a file that allows the game to be played, removing the restrictions.  Noticed that our favorite softmod titles aren't supported yet?  Perhaps M$ actually still has some buffer problems  wink.gif

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

I agree that MS may actually be partially supporting a modified Xbox 360.

It is true that MS took heavy losses on the original xbox console's hardware and the only profit was in the purchase of software.  However, after reading the recent analysis of the component and manufacturing cost of the Xbox 360, MS obviously learned from their mistakes and is making a profit on this device.

Right now, what is even more important to MS than profit is market share - especially vs Sony - and they have at least a several months' head start on the PS3.  MS needs to put consoles in the hands of as many people as possible before the release of the PS3 - thus the every10minutes competition and the Canadian counterpart.  MS has given away thousands of Xbox 360s in the hopes that people will play on their friends' unit and gotta have one too.  The alleged shortage of units on release day, whether true or false, still has created an even bigger desire to get a 360.

A strong revenue source for the MS entertainment division with the xbox has been Xbox Live.  Thus, the need for protection of their network has been paramount.  With all of the xbox hacks, no one has yet to come up with a consistent way to play Xbox Live on a modded xbox playing the game from the hard drive.  Sure, you can do it for a night - and then you are banned.  Xbox Live provides an unparalleled online gaming experience and also is a major source of continually renewable cash flow for MS with little overhead.

Sorry this post is long, but I suspect that MS, while of course wanting to truly protect their intellectual property from rampant piracy, may be partially "sleeping with the enemy" on allowing modding a 360.  Only time will tell.

As for me, I won't be buying a 360 until (1) a modchip comes out allowing me to play all media types/codecs or (2) Halo 3 comes out...whichever comes first.

Victor Von Doom

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

either way its a waiting game , big reason of getting a console at launch is to ensure i have a early version before they start plugging holes with 1.2s 1.3s and so forth

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(EverestX @ Nov 17 2005, 12:58 AM)
How many times can you call it a deb kit? It's a fucking DEV kit.. you know for DEVELOPMENT. No MS did not (publicly atleast) send DEV kit's to anyone other than game makers.

---What the hell do I need a chip for?  Hynix Tsop anyone?

<vent> and DAMMIT IT'S A MOTHER FUCKING DEV KIT </vent>

Chill bitch chill i dont fucking care what their friken called ok!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5