xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xox360 Wireless Adapter And Camera Question  (Read 113 times)

Phantaxus

• Archived User
Xox360 Wireless Adapter And Camera Question
« on: October 22, 2005, 02:43:00 AM »

From the photos ive seen both the camera and the wireless adapter are USB devices yet the 360 only has one rear USB port.

Do MS expect me to leave one of them plugged in one of the front ports the whole time?

dcware

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

USB hub maybe? I don't know for sure, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

DeaDSOuLz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Phantaxus @ Oct 22 2005, 09:18 AM)
From the photos ive seen both the camera and the wireless adapter are USB devices yet the 360 only has one rear USB port.

Do MS expect me to leave one of them plugged in one of the front ports the whole time?

Well there are 2 USB ports on the front as well so if you are using wireless controllers you will have 2 free usb ports on the front, it has a total of 3 usb 2.0 ports.

Bogus8

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

He's saying that it is kind of ghetto to have the cable wrapped around to the back of the unit just because their are enough ports in the back... I agree it's not very neat at all.

Phantaxus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »

Exactly, they should have put two ports at the rear, just have to wait for a third party usb hub

FreshMaker_MS

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

It's MS intention and hope that you will use Wireless Controllers.  They feel very strong about the Wireless Controllers and let me tell you, they work.  Well, extremely well.  I couldn't tell a difference when I played.  PDZ performed perfectly.  The USB port in the back is mainly intended for the Wireless Adapter that will attach the back.  They are assuming that you will need to have your camera plugged into the front to allow enough cord for where you want your camera.  The camera will not release until Spring 2006.  Technically you'll be able to use any USB hub you have, but MS cannot confirm that it will work because they feel you will not need it.