xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: To Those That Think  (Read 284 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 2 2005, 07:36 AM)
well the week it was supposed to come out (think it was the second week of may, don't ask me what year) they released it for about two weeks and then recalled it since they knew the dc was dead. The pal version was out a little before that i think. Anyways I went out and bought the last copy. Eventually the disc got scratched about two months after and I had to get it back but I couldnt find it. So i search good ol' bit torrent and found the pal version and d/led it.

Thats the version i have now, alot of people thought the dc was dead when sega left but what they didnt realise is that some of the softare companies was still committed to puttig out software for the system. Software in japan didnt slow down till bout 2 years after the anouncement.

Anyways, the ps2 was not up to par with dc version in my opinion just because of the horrible jaggies  :blink: . Anybody noticed how jaggies wasnt much of a problem on the dc?

thats because it used MSAA in a LOT of games. I played quake 3 on it recently and even thru s video on the 77" screen, no jaggies. and it ran friggin smooth. and thats on a 6 year old system.

thats why I was shocked when I started playing xbox games, jaggies fuggin everywhere.

the DC architecture was quite good. The PowerVR inside was a kick ass setup for its time.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 2 2005, 12:44 PM)
thats because it used MSAA in a LOT of games. I played quake 3 on it recently and even thru s video on the 77" screen, no jaggies. and it ran friggin smooth. and thats on a 6 year old system.

thats why I was shocked when I started playing xbox games, jaggies fuggin everywhere.

the DC architecture was quite good. The PowerVR inside was a kick ass setup for its time.

I know what you are talking about, it was like the switch from when I used to have my voodoo3 and went to an Nvidia card, it seemed that 3dfx had jaggies under control.................yet somehow nvidia became king :blink:

KAGE360

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Sep 2 2005, 12:48 PM)
I know what you are talking about, it was like the switch from when I used to have my voodoo3 and went to an Nvidia card, it seemed that 3dfx had jaggies under control.................yet somehow nvidia became king :blink:

thats because 3dfx was crap with their washed out colors and lack of actual power.  Nvidia still had AA back the, hell i have an old ass Nvidia Vanta card in my POS pc and it does AA just fine with games that would be out at the time (unreal, UT, quakes).   they couldnt keep up thats why Nvidia was king, and also it was genious on Nvidias part to include a CPU on the GPU something which has been standard since if you wish to stay in the GPU market

incognegro

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »

Hey def, what you think the dc's weakness was hardware wise? I use to know the hardware very well back then but my long term memory sux.

Deftech

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 3 2005, 09:26 PM)
Hey def, what you think the dc's weakness was hardware wise? I use to know the hardware very well back then but my long term memory sux.

umm

which def?

lol

incase is me(which I doubt), graphics wise? I dont think it had one. what did it have for total sys memory? 24 megs? more memory is always better but I never saw a DC game that seemed to be hurt by what it had to work with.

its custom cpu did the job too. The graphics it gave me for 200.00 was awesome. I miss the DC days  :(

brooksie48

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 3 2005, 09:37 PM)
I miss the DC days  :(

:( We need a support group.

KAGE360

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(brooksie48 @ Sep 3 2005, 11:24 PM)
:( We need a support group.

can i join?? i still cant sleep good at night  :(

i loved what sega did with the DC, still have one.

incognegro

• Archived User
To Those That Think
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

I was talking to you deftech, definitely not deftones ( I dont agree with him much). Some dc fans have different ideas about what the sys lacked from a technical standpoint but I wonder if it would have benefited from a dvd drive. I was just curious to see what you would say.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]