xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Smart Xx Reveals The 360  (Read 890 times)

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

Superfr0 where are you????

Heet

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

While its obvious that console companies dont encourage modding, you could say that they dont do a whole lot to discourage it IMO anyway.  They kept the same T-hash for how long?  They left the lpc alone how long?  If you had been watching this scene for 4 yrs you'd know that its been laughable.

Just wanted to say one more thing, its of course all about money.  Mobo and chip revisions cost.  The cost of modifying the components outweigh the benefits of deterring modders.  So it makes sense that they didnt get really aggressive.  The only thing they really got aggressive on was Live and that part makes sense since that is their perceived cash cow past, present, and FUTURE.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(heinrich @ Aug 28 2005, 02:45 PM)
And 2 of the xbox's with objects on them or directly in front of them (headset, chip, controller), with perfect shadows and reflections, it would have to be one hell of a photoshop job...

dikdiamond

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

Bogus8

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(thecheekymonkey @ Aug 28 2005, 05:04 PM)
i think thats actually quite ignorant of you.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »

There haven't been very many studies done but from the few that I've seen from anonymous questioning and such only about 2.4% of all Xbox owners have modded consoles... the percentage of PS2 owners with modded consoles is slightly higher something like 2.7 percent if I remember correctly.

Think about this logically... The kind of person who mods a console is also the kind of person who would be more likely to setup a website about the subject... of course you're going to find lots and lots of website devoted to modding.

Think of it this way... Xbox has sold something in the realm of 30million consoles... Xbox scene has just a bit over 200 thousand members.

Now take into consideration that not everyone on XS even owns a modded Xbox. People so much as INTERESTED in the subject and register and there are many who have only gotten that far. for the sake of assumption lets say that for every non modded Xbox owner on XS there's someone who owns a modded Xbox that they had a friend do and never been on XS...

200000/30000000 = about 6.7%

which in the grand scheme of things is a very very small amount.

haze420

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

all i care about is getting my hands on a modded xb360 w/300g hd and loaded with emu's/roms including gamecube and ps2. I am also sure that as soon as the 360 is modded evox and all thoses other guys will be working on a bios that will be better and hopefully able to run gamecube games. but this is just a dream right now

nj12nets

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »

bios doesnt run games. emulators do. i know in the psx emu u need to download that bios though.

NightL1fe

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

Smart-X, Team Xecuter, Smart-X, Team Xecuter, Smart-X, Team Xecuter, Smart-X, Team Xecuter, Smart-X, Team Xecuter, Smart-X, Team Xecuter, Smart-X,

thats all i hear..  from what i remember from the begining.. it was Bunnie Hoang and Superfro and a few others as well as the Linux hacking contest are the pioneers... waay before Smart-X and Team Xecuter..

if anyone you want to send these dev kits to.. it should be the people mentioned above..
as well as Team Xecuter.. they have the right resources, skills and knowledge..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]