xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Wireless Adapters?  (Read 115 times)

Twasi

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Wireless Adapters?
« on: June 22, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »

The adapter comes seperatley and someone in a different thread said they were around 30-50$ for current ones, so It will probably be anywhere from $30-$70. It will have a RJ45 ethernet port, so I assume you can still connect it to your pc with this and use live. It would be alot cheaper. Just wait for twisted to post he has probably has a more definitive answer tongue.gif .

Here is a picture of it for ya. http://gamenews.botros.net/wifi.jpg

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

laugh.gif but what If I don't want to post  tongue.gif

honestly... I couldn't tell you how much it's going to cost... the current gen adapters are definitely no where near the $30 price range.... MSRP is $109 http://www.xbox.com/...lessadapter.htm

The cheapest 3rd party one (generic wireless bridge because that's what it really is) I've ever seen was about $75

It's hard to say how much they'll charge for the adapter in the next gen console. I'd be willing to bet it will be a lot cheaper. I say this because the current gen adapters are essentially a wireless bridge, where they convert ANY standard wired connection in to a wireless connection. The Next gen on the other hand connects via USB and acts more like a typical Wireless USB adapter. Generic 3rd party brands of those for PC are as low as $15 or $20 but are typically in the $50 to $60 range. The reason is a lot more of the work is done with software and they get power from the USB port instead of from a wall wart (which does save quite a bit on the cost). I would imagine that the 360's adapter will be a bit more than the generic 3rd party adapters you can get now because unlike the current gen generic adapters wont work without drivers... and the only people who can put drivers (officially) on your Xbox is MS. So they'll probably jack the price a little. Also the fact that it supports A, B and G standards.

So I would imagine it will be considerably less than the current gen adapter but quite a bit more than the low end 3rd party USB adapters.

If I had to make an educated guess... I'd say it will be about $60 give or take.

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

And Twisted saves the day again, the crowd gathers and lifts him up on their shoulders and carries him off into the sunset. rotfl.gif

Anyways I have to agree you're estimate of $60 will be close. The controllers will most likely be 60 or so, the games will be 60, they seem to like to sell things at $60 and it would make up for the $75 loss on the console almost. I for one will still be using an ethernet cable if possible, even though I have a wireless router.

M-K-E!

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

im going to say that wireless kit will be about the same as the headset, 30$, and if you buy a live kit you get everything for 50/60$.

and the controllers will be ALOT cheaper then 60$, probably 30 for a wireless one and 20 for a wired one.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vitz @ Jun 23 2005, 01:20 PM)
Thanks for the response people:)