xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvr Like Replaytv?  (Read 153 times)

cannondale

• Archived User
Dvr Like Replaytv?
« on: June 04, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you have cable TV and your provider offers dual-tuner DVRs, I would jump on those. You only pay a small monthly fee for the equipment, and no other service costs. For ReplayTV or Tivo, you pay for both, the equipment and a recurring monthly service fee. Plus most of those don't have dual-tuner capability.

tsb_hcy

• Archived User
Dvr Like Replaytv?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

Here in Taiwan we don't have those services, so I have to use a ReplayTV.  It's still far cheaper than buying DVR without a service fee by far.  I can use the ReplayTV for three years before it equals the price of a unit without the fees.  I figure by then I'll be getting a new unit anyway, so I might as well pay it off more slowly.  The only thing that sucks is there isn't any guide data for Taiwan, but there are only a handful of good channels anyway.

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
Dvr Like Replaytv?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

i'm thinking that remote u saw that says record live and all that on it will just control a media center PC, or other tivo like devices which can stream to the xbox 360. The xbox wont contain dvr functionality inside the actaul box at least not at release. Or at least thats what i'm thinking

giftic

• Archived User
Dvr Like Replaytv?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 01:34:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Dvr Like Replaytv?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(giftic @ Jun 6 2005, 09:45 AM)
yes it will  tongue.gif