xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Movie Icons  (Read 37 times)

agentorange83

• Archived User
Movie Icons
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:39:00 AM »

hey all,

here is my situation:  I have several DVD movies that I backed up using DVDShrink on my pc's hard drive.  Each movie is in its own folder.  I can play them no problem through XBMC over the LAN.

I have seen screenshots of XBMC where movies will have the movie poster graphic instead of the default (or some other picture of the movie).

Is the only way to get the icons to display by compressing each movie down into a single file?  Right now they are in .vob's as I do not want to lose any quality

My question then is, can I get a picture of the movie to display instead of the Folder icon for each movie folder?  Or is the only way to get that setup by having them compressed down into 1 file?

If I can make each folder have the movie poster of the movie, how do I go about doing that?  I fiddled with the IMDB button on XBMC for a few minutes before heading into work and had no luck

I hope that made sense.

Thanks for the help.  <

justsumdude

• Archived User
Movie Icons
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »

first go to imdb.com and look for the poster for each movie. save it to your pc.
then transfer the poster to the folder that the movie is in. so for example mine is like this: f:\Videos\movies\8 Mile, i put the pics for my movies in the 'movies' folder, and name it the same as the movie. once its in the folder i rename it from 8 Mile.jpg to 8 Mile.tbn  now all you have to do is choose show icons on the left menu. you can do this with any folder, doesnt have to be a movie. i have the divx logo for my movies folder, a flat screen tv for my tv folder, and so on. very easy to do.  <

JayDee

• Archived User
Movie Icons
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »

Press White button on the folder the movie is in. (Folder must have the movie name)

make sure you use the latest build  <

agentorange83

• Archived User
Movie Icons
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

thanks for the help

will try that when I get home tonight  <