xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Build Vs. Cvs  (Read 67 times)

shmokes

• Archived User
Build Vs. Cvs
« on: May 29, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »

When I go to Xbins to get XBMC I see folders that contain builds and .rar files that I assume contain CVS releases.  

The thing is, I can just unrar these files, ftp the files to my XBOX and it runs fine.  I don't have to compile anything.  I feel like I should understand this, but am sure I am missing something.  Could someone please enlighten me?  <

JayDee

• Archived User
Build Vs. Cvs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »

All builds are cvs builds....

Check up here on what cvs is:

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=87054  <

nimbles

• Archived User
Build Vs. Cvs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 06:06:00 AM »

every release thus far of XBMC has been a CVS release its just about once a month iND compiles a "proper" build (an "as bug free cvs as possible" release) which gets put on xbins.

There's a daily cvs which the devs upload the source code for on the sourceforge website, and if you have the right tools (Xbox development kit- only available legally to M$ appointed xbox developers, and Visual Studio .NET) you can compile the the latest cvs yourself.

There are others who compile and distribute cvs builds more frequently from the "usual sources"

There's a sticky at the top of the xbmc own support forum telling you how to compile the source but not telling you where to get the tools from, and asking for them or where to find them on here will probably land you in hot water

the developers never release the the binaries (the contents of the rar file) themselves- just the source code- even when v1.0 and subsequent official versions come out
 <