xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 12v Mod On Jasper, Is It Secure?  (Read 98 times)

PezDispenser

• Archived User
12v Mod On Jasper, Is It Secure?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »

I have to agree with Grim, it's a good idea to take the extra precaution.

If you do happen to want to put in some extra fans without power worries, you can always just get a cheap external computer hard drive enclosure:  example of cheap enclosure   (not meant as a sales pitch)

You basically just ignore the "enclosure" part ---use the wiring & external power supply for 12v power.  

You can use it as a "quick & dirty" solution --just drill a hole for the wire.
        or
     Really go all the way, cut a hole in the 360's back or one of the sides ---into which you can glue or
     mount the "face plate" from the enclosure, for external access to it's plug & power switch.  ----Or,
     remove everything you need from the enclosure "face plate," and mount it directly through the 360
     exterior.

Personally, I'm using the "quick & dirty" solution, while I work on my full-on mod.  I'm using squirrel cage blower "fans" anyway (for the time being), so there's no easy & attractive way to do my set-up.   Mine should be a falcon --I haven't checked, because I've got a couple weeks under warranty, to go.

You have to check your amperages, to see how many fans you can run off the set-up, but if you over load it, at least your 360 is not disabled.
Pages: 1 [2]