xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Picaxe Rapid Fire For Xbox 360  (Read 947 times)

Antman1

• Archived User
Picaxe Rapid Fire For Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 06:03:00 AM »

ok what I was thinking is, For the LED I am going to try and mount a separate LED for this mod near the 4th quadrant of the controllers LED so I don't have another LED some were else on the controller.  I am going to get all of the parts as soon as I can.  Is the T8 Security Torx available at radio shack?  I dont see it on their site.  If it's not were can I get it?  Thanks guys.

This post has been edited by Antman1: Jun 25 2008, 01:11 PM

Tim_in_NC

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »

What all would be involved if you wanted to not use the left button as rapid fire but instead wanted to used that button to do rapid reloading of the weapon?

Instead of connecting this left rapid button to the left trigger, could you just connect it to the button that performs the reload function and still keep the same code on the picaxe chip ???

Thanks!

Amatuer Modder

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tim_in_NC @ Jun 25 2008, 03:45 PM) View Post

What all would be involved if you wanted to not use the left button as rapid fire but instead wanted to used that button to do rapid reloading of the weapon?

Instead of connecting this left rapid button to the left trigger, could you just connect it to the button that performs the reload function and still keep the same code on the picaxe chip ???

Thanks!

Ok now you're getting into the more complicated mods. I have only done the rapid fire mod for what you're talking about you'd probably need a 14m pic chip and have to start solder to points on the controller board. I'm not really up to that challenge........atleast not yet anyway.

Amatuer Modder

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Jun 24 2008, 01:38 PM) View Post

Another couple of questions for ya.  Is the Torx T-8 security driver available at Radio Shack like it says in your parts list or is their a place i will need to order this from?  Also on http://evilcontrollers.com/home the buttons they use look like they are flush with the controller, Anyone happen to have one of these and can tell me were I can find buttons like these?

Ok first off the prices these places are charging for this stuff is just plain NUTS!!!!  Second, the torx t-8 is not available at RS you're gonna have to find it someplace online or at a specialty tool shop.  The one I used my buddy had and doesn't remember where he got it, sorry.   The buttons you're looking for are a 7mm tall tact switch I found some at Mouser Electronics for about 20 cents a piece plus shipping so I was stupid and ordered like 50 just to make it worth the shipping cost. The part number is #688-SKHHQV.   As far as the indicator being one of the LEDs in the quadrant ring.......you might be able to solder the wires to either side of the micro LED in the quadrant but you might have to break the circuit traces but that would also make the fourth light only functioning for the rapid fire. But I never have that many controllers going at one time so I'm kind considering doing that it is really cool.   I just completed another mod and I stuck the LED in the middle of the guide button, it was a pain in the behind but it works.  There is a post in here for that same mod with the LED for the guide button.  If you want to get into the fast reload and all that you'll need to step up to a 14m picaxe chip since the 8m doesn't have enough inputs and outputs for much more then a rapidfire setup. Unless you want to not use the LED indicator and only one trigger that should free up enough for the fast reload??

VERTIGONIX

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »

Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in and say a few things.

First, Thanks for the cred AM. I am definitely appreciative of acknowledgement of my work.

Second, and this goes out to AM and CD. The work that has been done in 360 Picaxe Rapid Fire Controller    is a collective effort of a lot of people. Most of the code and schematics are untested and rough at best based on theory and practice. It takes people like AM and TECHunter to actually build the stuff and make the changes needed to make it actually work. I have done it to one of my controllers and only for Halo. So I thank you AM for taking the challenge on and making it work for you. I say "making it work for you" because everyone has their own opinion on how it should or suppose to work. This is free knowledge we are offering and expect nothing in return except to here that you did it and it worked.

So help each and stop wasting forum space and your time on petty things.

Thanks,
VERT

Protolisk

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 01:38:00 AM »

Another Great Post By Vert. smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

biggmacattack

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(VERTIGONIX @ Jun 26 2008, 03:21 AM) *

The work that has been done in 360 Picaxe Rapid Fire Controller    is a collective effort of a lot of people.  This is free knowledge we are offering and expect nothing in return except to here that you did it and it worked.

Very true..... and well said.  I don't think any of us working individually on this project could have made the headway we made as a team.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »

ok.  I ordered my parts today and I did not order the download cable.  How would I make one by getting some parts from Radio Shack?  Also I looked at the program to program the picaxe chip and noticed it looks for bin or hex files.  how do I make the code given here at the beginning, program with that format?  And of couse always a last question.  I have a Matrix contoller so I will need to get the 1.8 resistor mentioned.  Is there any other alternative with the same results that would be cheaper than buying the whole lot of resistors (maybe putting 2 together or somethin)?  Sorry for all the questions but want to make sure I get it all right the first time.

BTW: Security Torx was the only thing making me wait so long and tonight my wife realized the center piece comes out easily in those screws.  I had it apart in a minute after seeing that.  lol!

This post has been edited by Antman1: Jun 27 2008, 07:27 AM

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 06:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Jun 27 2008, 02:01 AM) View Post

ok.  I ordered my parts today and I did not order the download cable.  How would I make one by getting some parts from Radio Shack?  Also I looked at the program to program the picaxe chip and noticed it looks for bin or hex files.  how do I make the code given here at the beginning, program with that format?  And of couse always a last question.  I have a Matrix contoller so I will need to get the 1.8 resistor mentioned.  Is there any other alternative with the same results that would be cheaper than buying the whole lot of resistors (maybe putting 2 together or somethin)?  Sorry for all the questions but want to make sure I get it all right the first time.
BTW: Security Torx was the only thing making me wait so long and tonight my wife realized the center piece comes out easily in those screws.  I had it apart in a minute after seeing that.  lol!

Okay,  Looking into it further I looked at the 500-Piece 1/4-Watt Carbon-Film Resistor Assortment and it may have all I need in that 1 package.  I saw what looks like all of them I need but if you look at the description on Radio Shacks website it shows for example, it has "1, 10, 100, 120, 150, 220, 330, 470, 560, 1.5k, 2.2k, 3.3k, 4.7k, 15k, 22k, 220k, 470k, 1MEG, 10MEG resistors (10 each)" does this mean the 10 it has is the 10k I am needing as well?

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 07:03:00 AM »

wasn't able to edit last post but a little more searching and here is the link to make your own serial cable: http://www.rev-ed.co...docs/AXE025.PDF  and http://dave.fraildre...e/pxhwser.shtmlmight be useful to all that wanna make their own.  smile.gif

Home_Grown

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a couple of things.  Firstly, why does the installation between this mod and this mod differ so much?  Why such a big difference in the amount and diversity of resistors?  Would it be possible to install the picaxe 8m microcontroller in the fashion of the tutorial I gave a link to?  Thats my biggest question.

The other question is, I'm just learning how to write code.  Could someone (preferably the creator of the code) please give me a rough walk-through as to why certain numbers were used (personal preference, requirements etc.).  Thanks for all your help.

Home_Grown

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Jun 27 2008, 09:39 AM) View Post

wasn't able to edit last post but a little more searching and here is the link to make your own serial cable: http://www.rev-ed.co...docs/AXE025.PDF  and http://dave.fraildre...e/pxhwser.shtmlmight be useful to all that wanna make their own.  smile.gif

I'm thinking its also possible to build your own usb programming cable, and it'd probably be a lot easier.  Just cross usb (male) and a stereo jack; colour for colour.  Then, you could install the virtual com port yourself via this website.  But I haven't tried it just yet...still waiting on the microcontroller and socket.  Any input is appreciated. Speaking of socket, I can plug the stereo into the socket right?

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Home_Grown @ Jun 27 2008, 01:19 PM) View Post

I'm thinking its also possible to build your own usb programming cable, and it'd probably be a lot easier.  Just cross usb (male) and a stereo jack; colour for colour.  Then, you could install the virtual com port yourself via this website.  But I haven't tried it just yet...still waiting on the microcontroller and socket.  Any input is appreciated. Speaking of socket, I can plug the stereo into the socket right?

I don't know if it would be possible to build a USB cable but it is possible to build your own Serial cable.  The socket that you put the PIC in does not have a headphone jack on it directly you have to set all of that up yourself.  As far as the resistors I am not sure but I know this mod looks slick and I am planning on following it exactly to figure it all out.  I plan to get an LED and place it around the 4th quadrant light on the controller so I still have the controller functioning LED and my LED will be separate.  Just need to find out if those resistors are the same or not in that one package to make sure I dont buy more than needed or so I buy what I need.  I looked through the whole other picaxe thread and saw this guide at the end of it and I have to say I really appreciate all the work you guys put into this and hope that I can help contribute in some way.  

Also you metioned something about the fast reload before.  If you plan to do only 1 trigger for rapid fire would it be possible to keep the LED and have fast reload for cod4 with rapid fire?  using the Picaxe 8m?  You guys rock great guide AM!  Also would love to see more of your final product inside and out sometime.

Home_Grown

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Jun 27 2008, 03:39 PM) *

I don't know if it would be possible to build a USB cable but it is possible to build your own Serial cable.  The socket that you put the PIC in does not have a headphone jack on it directly you have to set all of that up yourself.  As far as the resistors I am not sure but I know this mod looks slick and I am planning on following it exactly to figure it all out.  I plan to get an LED and place it around the 4th quadrant light on the controller so I still have the controller functioning LED and my LED will be separate.  Just need to find out if those resistors are the same or not in that one package to make sure I dont buy more than needed or so I buy what I need.  I looked through the whole other picaxe thread and saw this guide at the end of it and I have to say I really appreciate all the work you guys put into this and hope that I can help contribute in some way.  

Also you metioned something about the fast reload before.  If you plan to do only 1 trigger for rapid fire would it be possible to keep the LED and have fast reload for cod4 with rapid fire?  using the Picaxe 8m?  You guys rock great guide AM!  Also would love to see more of your final product inside and out sometime.

Damn! I thought I was getting off easy lol. I was under the impression the socket is needed to program the microcontroller.  Do you know of a tut, or some other information about making that?  I have the software, a USB programming cable (that works to the best of my knowledge...I just have to install the proper driver for it--because you can program the picaxe microcontroller with USB to headphone jack according to the manual and some other sources.)  The picaxe microcontrollers and sockets are on their way.  What do i need to program this little bastard lol. Help is appreciated.

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »

This guide is actually telling you in the parts and instructions on how to make it.    Anyone know yet if that resistor kit from radio shack has all the resistors I need and if I should just get that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44