xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Javatn's Basic Blue Wip  (Read 384 times)

chaot1c

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(javaTN @ Jul 21 2007, 11:56 PM) View Post

my intention was to mean that the "piece of equipment i do not own" is the soldering iron... not the xbox 360, because i own that.

i dont want to confuse anyone.

-java

Supervising the use of a 10 dollar soldering iron?

darkmike57

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(chaot1c @ Jul 21 2007, 05:03 PM) View Post

Supervising the use of a 10 dollar soldering iron?

No hes the one with the $10 iron. His neighbor supposedly has a better one. But i can solder onto those spots under the psu without a problem with my 30w iron.

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(darkmike57 @ Jul 21 2007, 06:10 PM) View Post

No hes the one with the $10 iron. His neighbor supposedly has a better one. But i can solder onto those spots under the psu without a problem with my 30w iron.

the one i have right now is 15 or 30w... its from radioshack only meant for small use... its nothing to worthy.

my neighbors is higher power and quality (cost atleast 100$).. and owned by a company. if anything were to go wrong he would be held accountable... so thats why he supervises.

chaot1c

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

i use a 30w, works perfectly, no need for 100$ stuff.

darkmike57

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »

Yea a radioshack 30w is perfect for soldering. The top turns to shit after about a week if you dont take care of it.

snow rider221

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(darkmike57 @ Jul 22 2007, 03:08 AM) View Post

Yea a radioshack 30w is perfect for soldering. The top turns to shit after about a week if you dont take care of it.

15 W is better for all purposes casemodding, because 30 w can be a bit much for things like the ROL and other small components.

qweewqaz

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »

you should of filled in the xb-and half and o, on the bottom of your case before you painted it  sleep.gif

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

well, i promised you guys one thing, and that promise was to have this done by Sunday. I have successfully modded my Xbox 360, and i plan on modding another in the mere future.

My neighbor came over my house immediately preceding work and we got right on the job. The soldering was a piece of cake, considering that we had all the right tools to use.

To save bandwidth and alot of my time, i compiled many of the images i took into one, so you can easily see comparisons or different views.

I am not sure if i plan on doing any more modding to this xbox, though i still have to mod my ring of light LEDs (i will do that when ever i get the time).

to start off today, here are some pictures. please comment them. give me your opinion or suggestion. i love to hear your ideas and feedback, it helps me get better.

IPB Image
my fan has been screwed and mounted on the bottom of my case.

IPB Image
the messy, yet as neat as i could get wiring of the LED case feet and my fan... all mumbo jumbo... but it works tongue.gif

IPB Image
the finished top and bottom looks of my case... complete with fans, case feet, and what other beauty is included.

IPB Image
the finished, cleanly soldered, molex connection. it took only about 10 minutes to do total, but the preparation i took was beyond sufficient. time is money, and man... this really works great!

check my next post for some of my finalizations!!!

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »

by the end of the game, i decided to go with some flexible engraving material from my dad, which was used for my fan shroud separator and other assorted pieces for thermal dynamics.

i didn't get the chance to take pictures of all of this step by step, but i think this is a sufficient way to wrap things up. short and to the point... you want to see the end!

IPB Image
i made sure to tape every wire and excess piece of material safely and securely together so i would only lose minimal airflow.... its also a neatness kind of thing.

and finally, the clock had been ticking for the last two hours and finally it came to a halt.... it was right around 8:25 PM when I wrapped everything up, inspected and secured every wire connection and then decided to power on my modded Xbox 360.

you guys know it, my 360 came alive! i really couldn't believe at first that this was actually my xbox, just because of the amount of effort i had put into modding a video game console.

IPB Image

so now, i have a working Xbox 360 and i couldn't be happier with my success.

-java

BVlaar

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2007, 12:58:00 PM »

looks wicked man! I really like the little pegs that you installed to allow for better air flow under the 360 (if it actually does  tongue.gif ) Looks very neat and simple. I really like the fan grill, looks really stock.

Anyways grats man! looks awesome!

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

thanks BVlaar, the feet on the bottom of my 360 actually do tremendously increase the airflow... they keep it cool because they pull the air out of my case... it was really a worth-wile mod.

Navillos

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

is there a hole in the bottom of the metal cage? if not the fan on the bottom is pointless. also if you were to put a hole in the bottom of the cage you need to reverse the fan. so cool air will go over the ram chips and keep the bottom of the board from warping. #1 cause of red lights is board flexing.

qweewqaz

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

thats a whole latta tape! ohmy.gif

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(qweewqaz @ Jul 23 2007, 08:36 PM) View Post

thats a whole latta tape! ohmy.gif

yep, but those wires ain't goin' anywhere.

btw, thanks for answering the question for me C.K

Navillos

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »

i still think you need to reverse the fan.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6