xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Javatn's Basic Blue Wip  (Read 377 times)

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

If your washers or screws are touching the motherboard directly make sure they're not touching any traces.  I had the same thing happen (rising fan speed).  I took the heatsinks off, cleaned everything THOROUGHLY, and made sure nothing was touching the traces, put it back together and everything was fine.

qweewqaz

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »

yeah just scrap everything and put it together again and check if you went threw any traces

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

the hardest thing to know is that i didnt solder or touch any other part on the board... it was only the AUX (fan) port and the rear main power source... other than that the areas where my screws are screwed in for my heatsinks are scratched minor because of when i was trying to pry the xclamps off... the thing is that it worked when i replaced my Xclamps the first time... this really sucks!

could a broken RF board cause my 360 to not work right? i just dont get this... the green light on my power supply will stay on when my xbox is eather running the fan really loud or when it shuts the fans off... but the main power light on the ROL will stay lit... this is so hard to understand!

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »

sorry for my lack of update... ive been in a pickle trying to get my 360 back up and running.

unfortunately, it seems as if my 360s mainboard is bust for no reason at all... so i am going to try and purchase a brand new 360 motherboard as soon as i can get my hands on one.

the good news is that i have decided to continue with this project no matter what it takes, because i have put in alot of money and effort and time, so it would be a real let down to just let it go to waste.

...so here are some pictures!!!  jester.gif  love.gif

IPB Image
my case... all done and painted. clear coated and the whole 9 yards. it turned out pretty sweet! smile.gif

IPB Image
my finished controller... it had just been test assembled to see how things would fit and look... at the moment its all together, painted... with a working blue & white ring of light... so sexy!

IPB Image
today i decided that after having my case, and controller painted... i mind as well do something to the xbox headset... so i decided to take apart the connector and paint it white so it will match with my controller. (currently, it only has a prime coat on... im going to be painting it white tonight).

i hope i can bring more to you in less of a wait... it all depends on how fast i can get my hands on a 360 motherboard.

-java

darkmike57

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »

Controller looks good. Hope the motherboard situation goes well.

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

yeah, the metal specks are limited in color choice... and the blue is pretty popular.

i will soon show a picture of my faceplate, i just need to do a few final things to finish it up.

thanks for the luck darkmike... ill be needing it.

-java

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

thank you all for your comments and motivation! its really helps.

the show must go on... so here are some pictures to start with:

IPB Image
i know you wanted to see my finished shiny faceplate... there it is!  love.gif

IPB Image
i think the item i painted best was my hard drive... it just really... gets me.  laugh.gif

and now for some good news?!

by tonight i should have my hands on a brand new xbox 360... motherboard and the whole shabang... im not going to ditch this project, ill just have 2 xboxes. you gotta do what you gotta do, right?  happy.gif

oh.... i should get it by Thursday or Friday.

stick around & don't go anywhere!!!
-java

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

quick update:

i never showed you guys my finished controller... its sweet!!!!!

blue & white LEDs on it in a checkerboard fashion (as seen in my video posted earlier)

here is its debut in final assembly!

IPB Image
she is smokinnn!

what do y'all think?  cool.gif

im proud of my self for the most part; this was my first time really painting anything worth while.

-java

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »

good news tonight!

i have a new 360 on its way! if everything goes the way i hope it should, as in my new xbox works and doesn't have any problems... then i should have a working, modded, xbox 360 by Saturday.

i decided ill skip the fan header mod and just do the molex mod... just to be safe.

wish me luck with this new 360... i hope i don't have an unlucky hand.

-java

qweewqaz

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »

anything new? sad.gif

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(qweewqaz @ Jul 20 2007, 01:24 PM) View Post

anything new? sad.gif

heck yeah brother!

today i just received my new Xbox 360 around 1 hour ago... i am so excited!

pictures to come! i decided ill skip the fan header mod and just do the molex one, because i will be able to power the other fan from it still.

other than that... im going to do the soldering tomorrow (hopefully my neighbor can get a hold of his high powered soldering iron) and i should be good to go... lets just hope this new xbox has no faults.

-java

qweewqaz

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(javaTN @ Jul 20 2007, 11:49 AM) View Post

heck yeah brother!

biggrin.gif you remind me of hulk hogan lol

i hope everything goes to plan, post some pics of your new work later today. Is your neighbor going to be soldering for you or your just borrowing his iron?

potato10

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

that paint is HOTT.

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(qweewqaz @ Jul 21 2007, 10:25 AM) View Post

biggrin.gif you remind me of hulk hogan lol

i hope everything goes to plan, post some pics of your new work later today. Is your neighbor going to be soldering for you or your just borrowing his iron?

i just need to borrow his iron.. he actually works for some kind of circuit board company and the soldering iron i have (30w) just isnt enough to melt the solder where the main power source is... so he can let me borrow a good iron to do the job right.

well... you asked for it, and im giving it to you. so heres pics for today!

IPB Image
i received a new box in the mail just yesterday... i cant really make out what could be in the box.

so, like any curious person would do... when you have a box addressed to you, you open it... so i did!

and this is what i found in that 'box':
IPB Image
a new xbox 360!!! yay! i love to support microsoft! NOT!

meanwhile... once i got my hands on my new Xbox 360, i decided to give it a test run with some gears of war to be sure it was working. i let it cool down for a bit, then "cracked" it open and got right to work!

i replaced the Xclamps without scratching the board at all this time... (sorry no pics on this, it would be too redundant and my camera ran out of battery) and re-assembled my 360 for a test run and left it on for a few hours for my arctic silver to settle in.

it turns out that my neighbor is going to a BBQ today, and since this is a piece of equipment i do not own, he would like to supervise its use. i will be doing the soldering tomorrow (sunday) in the afternoon (or should be)... so cross my fingers and pray to the lord that by tomorrow my Xbox doesn't deteriorate in its case or malfunction after i mod it.

thanks all for the comments and complements, you are a real motivating group!

-java

javaTN

• Archived User
Javatn's Basic Blue Wip
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(javaTN @ Jul 21 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

it turns out that my neighbor is going to a BBQ today, and since this is a piece of equipment i do not own, he would like to supervise its use. i will be doing the soldering tomorrow (sunday) in the afternoon (or should be)... so cross my fingers and pray to the lord that by tomorrow my Xbox doesn't deteriorate in its case or malfunction after i mod it.

my intention was to mean that the "piece of equipment i do not own" is the soldering iron... not the xbox 360, because i own that.

i dont want to confuse anyone.

-java
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6